Long Cardigan how to??

joope

the little DeViL....
Jun 18, 2010
FoReVeR blazing *SINGAPORE*
i bought a long cardi recently with slim cut. pastel yellow with grey broad stripes. its long, touching my mid calves and im wondering what can i pair with. i dont wear jeans or leggings. anyone can help here?

newmommy_va

Feb 11, 2011
USA
Maybe... like a sweater dress? With tights & flats or tights & booties (or any style of boot) or tights & sandals (for warmer weather)... Or add a scarf & belt... Or layer w/another sweater or jacket in contrasting length, pattern, texture, color, or weight...

The proportions of a calf-length sweater are tricky. When I owned sweaters in that length, I wore them simply open and "swingy". Sometimes w/a shorter dress underneath. Sometimes w/a maxi dress underneath. Sometimes over a tee & straight leg pants or jeans.

Ultimately I donated my sweaters b/c when my DH commented on my "artist smocks", I could never see them the same way again. lol.

GL!

AstaK.

Feb 13, 2011
Wilderness
Silken, maybe floral patterned dress or maybe slim turtleneck tricot dress?

It really needs to be thin, otherwise its bulky and makes you feel really uncomfortable:biggrin:

ennna

Dec 15, 2009
I don't own cardigans that long, but the long ones I wear are usually paired with short dresses in soft, silky fabrics and ankle boots or IM bobby sneakers. They would also look nice with shorts and a basic top and converse, just keep your "bottom" skinny and long or really short.