Long Awaited Vintage Cutie.

katieny

O.G.
Jun 15, 2010
I'll try to make this brief but I'm finally a member of the Chanel forum.

I live in the suburbs. The most common sighting in the wild is L.V. A hop or skip away and you're in the city. Chanel abounds in the city but there are not many Chanel sightings where I live. Fake GSTs but that's about all. There are no double flaps at the mall. We have no high end stores at all. I've seen one square mini at our nicer restaurant.
I've wanted a Chanel since the days of Princess Di.
I wanted a smallish evening bag that could be used for a nice dinner out.
I started seriously shopping last year. I began my research and spent hours and hours in the forum and on sights looking at bags.

I found one and I picked it up this morning at the post office.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458584336.624806.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458584444.493784.jpg

I'm afraid this may not be my only Chanel. It is so gorgeous.

The inside however is trashed.

Congrats!! It looks great on you. Not sure if it's my computer, but I can see the details of the bag very clearly. Is it a small Diana?

I really want a vintage beauty too!! I'm thinking Diana or a vintage jumbo.

This is such a pretty bag to introduce you to Chanel. And it looks lovely on you (forget about the inside hehe). I hope many more find their way into you hands and onto your shoulder.

I'll try to make this brief but I'm finally a member of the Chanel forum.

I live in the suburbs. The most common sighting in the wild is L.V. A hop or skip away and you're in the city. Chanel abounds in the city but there are not many Chanel sightings where I live. Fake GSTs but that's about all. There are no double flaps at the mall. We have no high end stores at all. I've seen one square mini at our nicer restaurant.
I've wanted a Chanel since the days of Princess Di.
I wanted a smallish evening bag that could be used for a nice dinner out.
I started seriously shopping last year. I began my research and spent hours and hours in the forum and on sights looking at bags.

I found one and I picked it up this morning at the post office.
View attachment 3308001
View attachment 3308002

I'm afraid this may not be my only Chanel. It is so gorgeous.

The inside however is trashed.

congrats on your first chanel!! what series is it? doesn't look like a Diana flap from the pics you posted. if inside is trashed, u may consider contacting leather surgeons to see what they can do about it - they work wonders and are the go-to guys for the Chanel boutiques.

congrats on your first chanel!! what series is it? doesn't look like a Diana flap from the pics you posted. if inside is trashed, u may consider contacting leather surgeons to see what they can do about it - they work wonders and are the go-to guys for the Chanel boutiques.

No. It isn't the Diana flap. I couldn't find one of those.
I think this is called the two way or three way? It operates like the WOC on the inside.
I worked on the inside to remove stickiness but to no avail. I made a temporary lining until I can send it off some where. I wanted to use it for a Make A Wish foundation ball and can send it off after that. The outside is in great shape.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458588992.191263.jpg
Like I said trashed. I've rehabbed Louis Vuitton and learned from my bucket bag experience that sometimes it's just better to cover it up.
The gunk was very similar to what was in my Juenne Fille when I got it.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1458589065.825853.jpg
I had this fabric on hand so I stitched up a lining. I couldn't wait to see what it would hold.
It holds what I need for an evening. Wallet, keys, small makeup bag and phone.
The outside was so much more important to me than the inside but I wouldn't mind sending it off for refurb.

This bag looks great on you. You should send it to that leather place that others have used to rehab their bags. Sorry I can't remember their name but I'm sure someone else here can chime in.

congrats:smile: your story and bag are a lovely reminder of how many women wait such a long time for Chanel are willing to buy vintage, pre-loved pieces in order to own one. you made the inside your own, love that creativity!