Loneliness and COVID-19

I know this may sound stupid, but hear me out please. :wave:
Try doing some light to medium exercises, yoga, dancing routines, jazzercise, whatever floats your boat!
Put some songs on the TV, radio, phone, whatever you have and get to it. :yes:

The exercise releases endorphins (happy hormones) into your brain and bloodstream.
You don't have to go berserk, just do 20 to 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week. :yahoo:

I'll bet that most all of you will feel better and healthier after about 3 weeks of this. :tup:
This is literally such great advice, my friend! I’m going to begin today. Gyms are closed across the province right now, unfortunately. But it doesn’t mean we can’t get the same happy hormones from home. :biggrin:

Fortunately i live with my husband, our two children and my mother in law. so there isn't much 'loneliness' at home. What there is though is a little too much time around each other! The kids are at each others throats and are missing the socialization they got from going to school. Thankfully (or not so thankful?) I am an essential worker at the post office so i get my socialization and contact that way.

Myself and my oldest daughter have both made use of therapy over this time. Our therapists say they've seen a huge increase in the need for therapy.

Stay strong folks!

your kids might be at each other's throats but believe me, it's much better than living alone during this time. I am glad that you go to therapy, it's really a huge help.

I've been doing well since I'm an introvert. Plus I have my kids and hubby at home.
But my parents in their 80s are social butterflies, and they are having a hard time!
They are both severely immunocompromised, but they are always itching to go out! I have to constantly let them know how dangerous it is for them.

Last edited:
My 87 year old mum is on her own in dreadful ill health -she has been widowed for 16 years -she loves her friends and family and has missed them awfully these last 10 months while she has been shielded but yesterday she said to me " I have backbone and I can stand being alone for as long as it takes even over Christmas -people these days have no backbone no concern or care for others and bleat on and on crying about their mental health even though they are out shopping and exercising -they should be bloody ashamed " I am so proud of my brave wee mum
Tell her that we are proud of her too, she's lovely ;) :smile:

I'm more worried about my parents whom we haven't seen in person since the start of the pandemic. we only see them in video calls
You are still blessed even if you can't touch them but you can see and hear them, right? somehow it fills your longing heart. It may be difficult today but maybe tomorrow it will be possible. Let's just trust in God that everything will be okay soon.

I have to admit...I have the case of loneliness every now and then with pandemic. I'm a single parent and my daughter is home with me 5 out of 7 days of the week. But I still would like to have more adult socializing. And it has effected my mental health, but I have to say I have been doing well. Some weeks better than others. I try to keep myself busy. I do go into the office but I do not socialize with co-workers prior to pandemic so that is not an outlet. And only go in 3 days out of the week. But when I am not at work, I have found that these activities keep me busy and in great mood. Hang in there!! I hope some of suggestions help!
  • Listen to podcast
  • Upped my skincare routine
  • Got back to healthy and mindful eating
  • Hike and/or took long walks on Sundays when weather was nice at a local nature reserve
  • Took one book a week challenge
  • Cooking at home for every meal (which I have enjoyed more than I thought I would!)
  • Journal, ALOT!!
  • Shopping online (which has been fun, I do not always buy but has been nice to see different fashion ideas)
  • I did do a few sessions of tele-therapy with therapist (which helped quite a bit).
  • Disconnected from Instagram, Facebook and all other social media outlets that was for personal entertainment (except Pinterest and Purseblog). Only keep Twitter and LinkedIn for work (log off from them after 15 minutes of use)
  • Limit the amount of news I watch to only 15 minutes every other day

My mum has had to go back into hospital she was in for 8 days and the whole fear of catching covid while in there has upset her this time - she is glad to be home - I just wish I could go and see her and give her a hug for being so brave - she made me cry as she told me she was crying at night in hospital as she was scared she might never see me again

My mum has had to go back into hospital she was in for 8 days and the whole fear of catching covid while in there has upset her this time - she is glad to be home - I just wish I could go and see her and give her a hug for being so brave - she made me cry as she told me she was crying at night in hospital as she was scared she might never see me again

Wishing the best for you and your wonderful brave mom! :hugs: