London

k-r3n

DON'T WORRY,BE HAPPY
O.G.
May 9, 2007
HI

I'm heading to London ( never been there before) next week and i'm going to do a bit of shopping, any suggestions ? looking for simple dresses at reasonable prices...

Thanks

Oxford Street and Regent Street,

You can go into Selfridges for ALL different price ranges, and you have the massive flagship Topshop store there, that has vintage and limited collections instore.

Bond Street is amazing, but you will not find any reasonable priced items :biggrin:, Harrods and Harvey Nichols are in Knightsbridge, so a taxi ride away from Oxford/Regent Street.

Also consider Covent Garden, which has a fair few one off shops, as well as some well known high street names.

Have a great shopping day

sorry, but reasonably priced and London do not go in one sentence.... haha, just j/k.

seriously, prices are steep, at least for major brands. I am guessing you are coming from the US? the exchange rate is also heavy but you can claim your VAT back, just don't forget to get the forms you need, i think either in a shop or the airport.

as for shops, check out the flagship TOpshop in Oxford STreet/Regent street. like chloe-babe said a bit further down there is Selfridges and that is also fun.

I would also go to Covent Garden and the surrounding streets - little boutiques and shops you can have a look at. have fun!

You are right on the prices, it's hefty even for us.....why do you think so many Brits shop in the US

As for the VAT you must get the forms in the store where you shop

Selfridges on Oxford Street is great, it has things at a range of prices as someone else said
And also Harrods just because most people who come to London want to go there. That's in Knightsbridge
Covent Garden is also lovely, quite a few places to eat and unusual shops. Also a few known ones, I'm sure there's an Urban Outfitters and Mac nearby, although I havent been to C.G. for ages...
Also Browns which is on (I think?) South Molton St off Oxford St. It's like a boutique-y place, they have a website. Then Bond St. has lots of designer boutiques, Hermes, etc
Very nearby is Regent Street which has yet more shops
All these streets are quite close together so you can basically walk from one to the other, just go to google maps and print off a map and you'll know what I'm talking about. I hope this helps, have a great time! :smile:

I was there last week I did so much shopping I went to every store listed below

H and M , Selfridge, Top Shop and The Warehouse (check out the online store they have so much summer dresses in stock) and The Zara's I bought alot out there ...ohhh im jealous have fun

Oxford Street and Regent Street,

You can go into Selfridges for ALL different price ranges, and you have the massive flagship Topshop store there, that has vintage and limited collections instore.

Bond Street is amazing, but you will not find any reasonable priced items :biggrin:, Harrods and Harvey Nichols are in Knightsbridge, so a taxi ride away from Oxford/Regent Street.

Also consider Covent Garden, which has a fair few one off shops, as well as some well known high street names.

Have a great shopping day

agree with everyone else, you can't go to London and not visit Topshop's flagship store on Oxford St! If you have time visit Sloane St and Harvey Nichols, just to drool if the credit card wont allow any spending, lol!

Apart from everyone else's suggestions.I love taking a stroll around Wesbourne Grove(in notting hill) . It has many cute shops and boutiques such as Riess, Nanette Lepore and Whistles. If you feel thirsty in the afternoon, stop by at Tea Palace where you can have afternoon tea.There are nice and exotic selection of tea or 202 cafe is also very chic. Have fun...