London Meet!

Guys, I'd love to join you!

How far away are the London airport from the city center?! I've always gone by Ferry so far, but flights are REALLY cheap at the moment :graucho:

depends on which one! people imagine stansted as being really far out but i think it's the easiest, the airport itself is much more manageable than heathrow so even though it takes a bit longer to get into town you more than make up for that at the airport. and i'd rather sit on a bus/train than stand around at the airport :biggrin:

heathrow is pretty quick if you aren't checking luggage, but gatwick is awful. i actually go out of my way not to fly out of gatwick, that's how much i hate it! city airport is convenient for the tube if you're only coming for a day and aren't bringing lots of stuff too. probably the most convenient actually.

but i'd say allow for 1-2 hours from landing to be in town. more if you have to go far and get unlucky with transport.

go to heathrom DEFINATLY not gatwick!!
how exciting

You're coming too? :graucho:

Maybe you should organize a Paris meet! So I have an excuse to go to there too :angel: I actually was thinking about going for New Year's Eve, but then I noticed that that's a Sunday so all the stores would be closed :sad:

This sounds like a great idea! I live 5 mins from HV's so it'll be convenient for me as well ;)

Count me in. I'm sure this will be V. fun!

BabyBoo: its will so great if you can come! I'll love to meet you at last!

Guys, I'd love to join you!

How far away are the London airport from the city center?! I've always gone by Ferry so far, but flights are REALLY cheap at the moment :graucho:

We'll about 15mins!
There is a train system called HeathrowExpress and it leaves Hethrow to Paddington station (really central) and takes 15mins.

It's very conveinient! It would be lovely if you could come!

We'll about 15mins!
There is a train system called HeathrowExpress and it leaves Hethrow to Paddington station (really central) and takes 15mins.

It's very conveinient! It would be lovely if you could come!

yup, the hex is great (if obscenely overpriced), that's how you get to the 1 hour from landing figure :biggrin: heathrow is :cursing: wasn't so bad today actually but the place drives me mad. so mad that i just wrote "plase" instead of place at first :wtf: