London Ladies

Eh I may be reading into it. But he made some comment about how most Indians live in Wembly followed by a comment about how I was looking in a very nice part of London that most people who had always lived in London couldn't afford or something. He was generally nice but the way he said that made me kind of uncomfortable. Plus he showed me really crappy over priced properties.

Racist?? That does not sound good.

Yay I finally went to Harvey Nichols, it was sooo amazing, though I didn't get to look around as much as I would have liked. (BF dragged me out hehe). I got the flat iron too, works really well, but for 250 bucks it better :smile:.

Eh I may be reading into it. But he made some comment about how most Indians live in Wembly followed by a comment about how I was looking in a very nice part of London that most people who had always lived in London couldn't afford or something. He was generally nice but the way he said that made me kind of uncomfortable. Plus he showed me really crappy over priced properties.

London's very fragmented and racism is seen in a different light... a lot of comments can be considered offensive by a non British person when they are not meant to be. I wouldn't worry about it.

It is hard to explain if you have never lived here but once you are here you will notice that certain types of people live in certain types of areas (I am being vague here, don't want to offend anybody). Though more than a matter of race or nationality, it is a matter of social class.

He probably told you that because £600 a week is a lot to pay for a rented flat and he must've been wondering (the average salary in London is like £20K a year... which is like £900 a month after tax)

Yay I finally went to Harvey Nichols, it was sooo amazing, though I didn't get to look around as much as I would have liked. (BF dragged me out hehe). I got the flat iron too, works really well, but for 250 bucks it better :smile:.

Dude if you want to have a good shopping spree, I don't mind showing you around. I promise I am not a crazy psycho.