London CL shopping: where the best?

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
I'm flying to London in a month and could treat myself with a pair of CL.
So far I've only tried the store in Selfridges but bought nothing, SAs were very nice anyway.
Where's the best shopping experience in London? do prices vary or are all the same?
I don't want to deal with rude SAs, you even have to consider that I'm going there for a rock concert, it will be damn cold and I'll be going around the city wearing jeans, warm clothes and my Timberland boots (not so fashionable, but nothing keeps my feet so warm:P), so I won't go shopping in nice dresses.

I don't want to open another thread so I'm asking your advice here.
what pair to pick?
I'm totally in love with VP, either nude or black kid (no black patent), but I'd consider also a pump model in nude or black kid.
they must be comfortable (heard that Ron Ron and Simples are), heel about 100 mm.
I'd lean towards VP, but my problem is to wear them when it's cold!

The best concentration of CL stores is in Knightsbridge - you can pick off Harrods, Harvey Nichols and the Motcomb Street boutique all within 10mins of each other. Service at HN and Harrods is generally good (although better during the week than at the weekend), Motcomb can be hit and miss but the boutique does tend to carry the best exotic selection.

At the Bond Street end of town you have Selfridges, Mount Street & Browns. Sevice at all 3 is generally good and MOunt Street tends to carry a funkier range of colours & styles.