London blue topaz!

pandapharm

OOH shiny!!
O.G.
Feb 28, 2011
Does anyone know much about this gemstone? I am totally in love with it and have been dying for some beautiful deep blue studs for a while. I found a couple on etsy that I have narrowed it down to. Is carat weight important? I was mostly looking only based on size as I want a 6mm wide stud...the two I found were both AAA graded...not stated if they were irradiated or not. The 6mm is 0.75ct each (1.5tcw) and the 7mm is 3tcw for the pair.

Advice and pictures of your London blue topaz jewelry welcome!! :cool:

I think almost all blue topaz is irradiated. That is my understanding, anyway. I have two rings that are london blue, as well as other shades of blue topaz that are lighter. Too dark for photos. London blue is a pretty shade.

You can find london blue topaz jewelry on JTV.com too for reasonable prices.

thanks ladies! not sure how I feel about the irradiation...I thought I saw a ring once with a gorgeous 2ct London blue topaz that claimed it was not irradiated. I know it's not necessarily a bad thing but I would just like a naturally yummy dark blue stone lol.

thanks ladies! not sure how I feel about the irradiation...I thought I saw a ring once with a gorgeous 2ct London blue topaz that claimed it was not irradiated. I know it's not necessarily a bad thing but I would just like a naturally yummy dark blue stone lol.

I do remember reading somewhere , many years ago, that one should

not wear irradiated stones every day, due to the health risks. You may want to do a Net search to either back this up, or to de-bunk it.

I have a beautifull large London BT ring , it has a halo of sapphires and diamonds. I never ever wear it, it is in white gold and I am a YG lover now. I will post pics!

I think almost all blue topaz is irradiated. That is my understanding, anyway. I have two rings that are london blue, as well as other shades of blue topaz that are lighter. Too dark for photos. London blue is a pretty shade.

You can find london blue topaz jewelry on JTV.com too for reasonable prices.

I have bought a lot of london blue topaz from JTV and I highly recommend them if you're looking for a good deal. I've also bought barehipani topaz on JTV.com and love it. The reviews on the items can be very helpful in making a decision. Check out JTV Auctions too, I just bought my Mom a london blue topaz ring from the auctions. Here's a link of JTV.com's current Topaz earrings. You can return anything you don't like (within like 30 days) and they run frequent sales, I always wait for them to offer at least free shipping.

I have bought a lot of london blue topaz from JTV and I highly recommend them if you're looking for a good deal. I've also bought barehipani topaz on JTV.com and love it. The reviews on the items can be very helpful in making a decision. Check out JTV Auctions too, I just bought my Mom a london blue topaz ring from the auctions. Here's a link of JTV.com's current Topaz earrings. You can return anything you don't like (within like 30 days) and they run frequent sales, I always wait for them to offer at least free shipping.

thanks for the link!! I will definitely keep an eye out on that website, much better prices than the studs I was looking at on etsy. What is the barehipani topaz? Is that a subtype of London blue topaz or something else entirely?