lollipuff buyers be aware

cry4moons

Pana Niktos
May 18, 2016
I sold and bought items on that web and also vouch for them before on purseforum, but on my last purchase, I received bag that was clearly not as described. Seller copied and posted pictures of previous auction she bought it from and used it for over a year, bag had a lot of tears, super glue damage, wired smell, nothing what was advertise. Anyhow I asked seller immediately to return item since also there was no disclosure of sale being final or item being sold "as is". Seller knowing the bad condition of bag and being afraid that she won't be able to resell it, didn't want to accept return so I went off to paypal for dispute. Now what really pissed me off is that:
1.- lollipuff won't move a finger to help you and will redirect you to dispute with your financial institution or paypal.
2- once you make a charge back however no matter how legit you are, they will ban you from their web (they actually wrote me an email stating that because of my charge-back I can no longer use their web).
After a dispute, one is a trouble maker , not an valuable customer that got ripped and fights for own rights, and lollipuff just cares about their commission (charge-back means they will have to return money to seller as well).
First hand experience, very upset especially that this was the only time I returned item (kept my purchases before) and I didn't it only because it was in unacceptable condition and misinterpreted.

Last edited:
This is just like Poshmark. I bought a fake accessory and tried to return it but poshmark would not help me. I went to PayPal to dispute and I won and got my money back. PayPal told me to return the item to Poshmark and once they confirm they have received it, I will get my money back.

Poshmark promptly refunded me and banned me from selling on their site for a lifetime. If you ever shop at Posh, I would be careful too. You don't want to get banned there either.

Sorry to hear that, but I also think that at beginning you did not be carefull enough as a buyer need to do when online shopping to protect yourself from bad purchase.

I usually and still think transaction on Lollipuff is really much safer on other website like eBay since Lollipuff waranty for you about item authenticity. Other thing the buyer should do to protect theirself is getting to know as much as possible about the seller and item. You can see feedback about seller, easily check for what they sold, ask seller as much as possible about the item condition. Therefore I would pass all kinds of listing if I see seller used old photos of previous auctions as photos for detail descriptions of item condition because a honest seller never do that.
If I see negative feedback about seller not honest ot something like that , I may forget that listing but if I really feel love with that item I may would try to check that listing to see that feedback is reasonable or not, or even I could ask seller directly about what happen about that listing to check what really happened and how they solve that trouble etc.
Some seller do not show detail of item issue, some only describe by common words, I would ask for detail photos etc..

To say more about Lollipuff, not only guarranty about item authenticity, As what i can see, Lollipuff usually do quickly to support to help buyer as much as possible, much better on other websites ... telling Lolliuff "just cares about their commission (charge-back means they will have to return money to seller as well)" is not so fair for them as my own experiences. To help buyer when their shipping address has something wrong, Lollipuff agree to refund so the buyer can resend payment with correct address if the item has not been shipped yet etc..The problem is after get refund the buyer may change their mind, do not want item anymore and cancel that purchase, Lollipuff will loose chance of getting that 9% of transaction value, but they still willing to help buyer
just dealling with snad complain is not easy at al for them... nothing is perfect, as a buyer I would take all kinds of possible advantage to get a smooth transaction.

Last edited:
This is just like Poshmark. I bought a fake accessory and tried to return it but poshmark would not help me. I went to PayPal to dispute and I won and got my money back. PayPal told me to return the item to Poshmark and once they confirm they have received it, I will get my money back.

Poshmark promptly refunded me and banned me from selling on their site for a lifetime. If you ever shop at Posh, I would be careful too. You don't want to get banned there either.

Than's horrible!

Sorry to hear that, but I also think that at beginning you did not be carefull enough as a buyer need to do when online shopping to protect yourself from bad purchase.

I usually and still think transaction on Lollipuff is really much safer on other website like eBay since Lollipuff waranty for you about item authenticity. Other thing the buyer should do to protect theirself is getting to know as much as possible about the seller and item. You can see feedback about seller, easily check for what they sold, ask seller as much as possible about the item condition. Therefore I would pass all kinds of listing if I see seller used old photos of previous auctions as photos for detail descriptions of item condition because a honest seller never do that.
If I see negative feedback about seller not honest ot something like that , I may forget that listing but if I really feel love with that item I may would try to check that listing to see that feedback is reasonable or not, or even I could ask seller directly about what happen about that listing to check what really happened and how they solve that trouble etc.
Some seller do not show detail of item issue, some only describe by common words, I would ask for detail photos etc..

To say more about Lollipuff, not only guarranty about item authenticity, As what i can see, Lollipuff usually do quickly to support to help buyer as much as possible, much better on other websites ... telling Lolliuff "just cares about their commission (charge-back means they will have to return money to seller as well)" is not so fair for them as my own experiences. To help buyer when their shipping address has something wrong, Lollipuff agree to refund so the buyer can resend payment with correct address if the item has not been shipped yet etc..The problem is after get refund the buyer may change their mind, do not want item anymore and cancel that purchase, Lollipuff will loose chance of getting that 9% of transaction value, but they still willing to help buyer
just dealling with snad complain is not easy at al for them... nothing is perfect, as a buyer I would take all kinds of possible advantage to get a smooth transaction.

I agree and as I shop online I do a lot of research. That's the reason I even found Lollipuff 2 years ago- through research, they don't even advertise.The seller was making their first sale, had no feedback, didn't mention sale would be final or "as is", was communicating, even provided additional pictures when asked, all looked ok but later I saw whole listing even with additional pictures provided for condition, was copied from different listing he bought it from and used for over a year. Bag came with more obvious damages, tears, tries of home repairs, weird smell.

As I said before I vouched for Lollipuff on this forum before, in my blog and among friends because i believe in their authenticity claim but that's not enough for me.

Yes, the only help I got from them was if payment didn't go through because someone doesn't have confirmed paypal address or person wants to change their shipping address and they need to reset payment button, but than again - it's something in their own business to collect the payment and make sure transaction goes, not really a perk for seller or buyer- just a transaction.

I'm just disappointed that I wasn't helped. I sent lollipuff email with question and ask for advice in this situation and was ignored and finally banned and banded in very tricky way- they changed location on my account from USA to Russian Federation and put a note that this location can't use their web. All my transactions were in USA where I live so I sent them email worried someone might have hacked to my account or something-I got ignored. I wrote on their blog asking what's up with my account and finally got reply that I'm band because of the charge-back. Of course there's no 100% safe platform there for sellers or buyers, but service can make you feel as a valuable customer and gives you impression they do something or send their sympathies, but that's simply not the case here- don't you think? I'm sure if you got item that was different than described, and seller wouldn't want to accept it knowing that it is difficult to resell it, you would also expect some support from a service and seek all means to get your money back and wouldn't be concerned about lollipuff loosing their commission. Would you later be outraged, that because of fighting for your rights, you got banned?

Also, my post is not a revenge note. I'm simply reporting my experience with that company and way I was treated. If you don't plan to return anything you buy this is a great place to buy authentic items, I still believe in that. It's not a big deal to be banned from small service like that, one can possibly create different account, have it shipped different address ect, but why would I do that after being treated like that? After being manipulated into thinking that someone hacked into my account and used it. After being ignored in time of need and after being told I'm banded because of one chargeback- the only time I wanted to return item. To me, it's only matter of way service is conducted and the principle, that's all I'm describing.

Attachments

• lollipuff reply.JPG
    lollipuff reply.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,933
Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with Lolipuff. I've never bought from, or sold with them before. What sort of return policy do they have in place (if any)?

2- once you make a charge back however no matter how legit you are, they will ban you from their web (they actually wrote me an email stating that because of my charge-back I can no longer use their web).

This is just like Poshmark.

*snip*

Poshmark promptly refunded me and banned me from selling on their site for a lifetime.
IMO, both Lollipuff and Poshmark did you favors by banning you. Would you really want to do business with a site that allows you to be scammed yet doesn't want you to exercise your rights that you're allowed when using a credit card?

I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with Lolipuff. I've never bought from, or sold with them before. What sort of return policy do they have in place (if any)?

They don't outline any policies at all nor provide any support for transaction other than making sure payment goes through.. It is up to the seller to say if returns are accepted or not. In the listing I purchased, there was nothing even mentioned about sale being final, so i though return wouldn't be a problem.

It's a buyer beware world out there! It helps to have a list (whether on paper, on your phone, or even just in your head) with specific questions before ordering from ANY website.
To make assumptions that just because x amount of websites run their business a certain way in no way guarantees that all the rest of them do.
A site with no policies at all? Unheard of these days. If you go to the bottom of the page on Lollipuff you will see their 'terms'. They clearly state that they aren't responsible in any way for getting involved in returns but they are up to the discretion of each individual seller to state whether or not they take them.
If a seller does NOT take returns and doesn't state so up front it seems that it's the buyer's responsibility to ask that important question. None of us anticipates having to return an item that we've just purchased but it clearly happens quite often that things need to be returned for various reasons.

I've purchased enough items online through the years (as I'm sure many of you have as well) to have learned to ask questions.
They can be related specifically to the item itself....any tears, rips, smells/odors, anything missing original to the item, has the item been altered in any way from it's original state? These are a few.
Then questions need to be asked about their specific return policy (if they have one). I also ask about shipping/tracking if they don't offer this info up front.
It's important to get as many details as possible, especially when dealing with a site you've never purchased from before.
In this instance I feel that Lollipuff dropped the ball in your case OP. As a host company representing sellers they need to make sure that their sellers are honest and not ripping people off. That's a great way to lose customers, not to mention the bad press as that person tells everyone they know about their negative experience with their company and how they don't protect their buyers.

Sorry I'm so long-winded today and I'm sorry for your negative experience. I would probably be miffed enough to share my story on their social media or comment on their blog what happened in your case.