Lindsay Lohan

I in no way painted a negative picture of you, I simply wrote what I felt after reading your post.

Thanks for the advice but I think I'm smart enough to know what I should and should not post.

Jadore said:
It just annoys me with people that get fake bags because they make people who own authentic bags look fake.

That's being a wee bit too general dear. If you have the money to buy the real deal, it really shouldn't bother you one bit what "fakers" do. Shrug it off :amuse:

chemlex said:
What's worse Lohan for Chanel or Lil' Kim for Vuitton?

I know they are trying to get younger people to notice their brand and become long-term buyers. But c'mon - there are plenty of younger faces who are more appropriate.
I agree with you and Pseub. I understand the thinking behind getting a younger face but certainly there are classier choices in young Hollywood. Another shocker to me is St. John choosing Angelina Jolie. C'mon now ....

ok.. i think that Jadore is wrong to be saying PM me. what does that have to do with anything. if you have something to say say it out in the open. not in PM. Also about the fakes like spicepearl said, if you carry a real one who cares if someone else has a fake,
As for the kids.. if they cant afford it whyshouldnt they go for the next best thing. they only buy fakes to try to fit in anyway.

Baby Boo said:
Also about the fakes like spicepearl said, if you carry a real one who cares if someone else has a fake,
As for the kids.. if they cant afford it whyshouldnt they go for the next best thing. they only buy fakes to try to fit in anyway.

Agreed.

It is truly sad for all of us if Lindsay Lohan and Selma Blair become the faces of the House of Chanel. Chanel has always been for real LADIES. Chanel is so much more than just carrying a bag that you can or cannot afford. The image of Chanel that was presented to me through my youth, young adulthood, and during part of my mature adulthood was that of a woman of class who continually strives to set the best example. She is a woman with proper etiquette, dress, language, well schooled, well traveled, and usually she is of the elite. That was just how it always was. A Chanel lady would never do anything if she could at all help it to be looked down upon. She is a woman who sets the highest example.
Lindsay Lohan just does not do that. I also feel she needs to mature a bit more and learn a great deal more. I can't comment too much on Selma Blair, but she doesn't strike me as a person for Chanel. Someone previously said Reese and I would say she strikes me as a much better representative of a youthful Chanel woman. A much better example for us all to stive to be like.
It is sad that Chanel would stoop so low to bring in more money to their House.

I agree that it should be an elegant woman.

Audrey Hepburn would have been a good choice (had she still been alive).

I think Catherine Deneuve would be good as well. And if I had to pick a "younger" person, I would say Juliette Binoche.