Login Problems

baglady

R.I.P. 1992-2006
O.G.
Dec 1, 2005
Did anyone else experience login problems yesterday?

I entered my username and password like I normally do. I got the "Thank you for logging in, baglady" screen. When I immediately go to a thread and click on the Post Reply button, I am prompted to enter my username and password again. I did this over and over and I wasn't able to get through.

I decided to try again today. So far, so good.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced problems.

Hi baglady,
the problem that you seem to have is that your computer does not allow "cookies" to be stored locally. Cookies hold your login information on your PC and provide the info to the browser that's being requested by the forum software each time you want to perform some forum actions. What browser are you using?

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, I got your emails, I am just a little stressed these days and short on time, and my internet connection is mighty slow as well. It hinders my productivity and I hate it... lol

ranskimmie said:
I havent had any log in problems but I have problems at times getting my posts to go through. My whole URL(?) shuts down. Total pain.
You mean that your browser (like Internet Explorer) shut down?

Vlad said:
Hi baglady,
the problem that you seem to have is that your computer does not allow "cookies" to be stored locally. Cookies hold your login information on your PC and provide the info to the browser that's being requested by the forum software each time you want to perform some forum actions. What browser are you using?

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, I got your emails, I am just a little stressed these days and short on time, and my internet connection is mighty slow as well. It hinders my productivity and I hate it... lol

Hi, Vlad!

When you posted this message I was still having problems login on.
I was able to read threads but not able to post anything. So I had to use the "Contact Us" button to respond.

Anyway, when I read your comments about cookies, I said to myself that my Internet settings must be misconfigured. I am using IE, so I went to Tools --> Internet Options clicked on a tab and stumbled upon a section about logon and I selected a different option and saved the changes. I then went back to the forum entered my username and password and this time it worked. I am now able to post this message.

I tell you this has been quite an ordeal. I can't tell you how many times I have emailed Vlad. Please do not put me on your spammers list. Ha!Ha!

Oh, I am so glad this matter is fixed. I missed communicating with the PF gang. I am so glad to be back. I am sooo exhausted. I'm going to call it a night.

Thanks!

I'm glad it worked out for you. Viewing threads is enabled for unregistered users or logged out members, but you can only actively participate if you're logged in.

Happy it works! You also might want to try to clear your cache (temporary internet files) and cookies once in a while, that helps, too.