Logan: Shopper vs. N-S Satchel, Black vs. Burgundy?

I just received my Logan satchel in Burgandy and I love it!! Gorgeous, soft leather and tons of space for my stuff!! I recently purchased the Logan and the Uma in aubergine pearl--my first Botkier purchases and I am very impressed. I have a varied collection of handbags from Balenciaga, Chloe, RM, Treesje, Lp etc. and I have to say that these 2 new bags from Botkier are among my favorite--light and easy to carry with tons of room but stylish and do not look massive. I am a fan!!!!:yahoo:

Congrats! That's great to hear that you're so happy with your new Botkiers! The Logan and Uma are definitely two stunners from Botkier's Fall '09 collection, I hope they bring them back too. If you're able to share pics, please do! ;) :P

Congrats! That's great to hear that you're so happy with your new Botkiers! The Logan and Uma are definitely two stunners from Botkier's Fall '09 collection, I hope they bring them back too. If you're able to share pics, please do! ;) :P

i second the request for pics, especially modeling shots! congrats on your new lovely purchases :yahoo:

I'm absolutely loving my black logan satchel. It's extremely lightweight and comfortable to carry, incredibly spacious, and just the right balance of polished and edgy.

I still haven't ruled out the burgundy n/s satchel, but don't want to pay full-price.

I'm also considering the Logan n/s satchel in black--if anyone has modeling pictures, I'd love to see them! :biggrin:

I'm trying to decide between the Uma and the Logan n/s. VERY hard...

I'd highly recommend the logan n/s satchel. Re: my OP, I ended up eventually getting the burgundy logan n/s in addition to the black logan shopper. I think the Uma is nice but like the details, spaciousness, and handle comfort of the logans better.

I'd highly recommend the logan n/s satchel. Re: my OP, I ended up eventually getting the burgundy logan n/s in addition to the black logan shopper. I think the Uma is nice but like the details, spaciousness, and handle comfort of the logans better.

Thank you so much for the advice, citychris! :smile: I'm going to go look for a black n/s on sale...if there's such a thing!

Hello all!

I was hoping for some help in deciding on the Logan Satchel in black. I'm just wondering what the leather is like IRL? Is it still supple despite being glazed?

Any thoughts would be wonderful, thank you!

Hello all!

I was hoping for some help in deciding on the Logan Satchel in black. I'm just wondering what the leather is like IRL? Is it still supple despite being glazed?

Any thoughts would be wonderful, thank you!

I find it quite supple despite the glaze, and it seems to be getting softer with use. I have seen a few different black Logans, and the softness of the leather can vary.

I find it quite supple despite the glaze, and it seems to be getting softer with use. I have seen a few different black Logans, and the softness of the leather can vary.

Thanks, Chris, I was wondering that too. I ordered the Logan NS yesterday, but couldn't decide which color. The black and the burgandy which were both on sale, but, the leather on the chocolate looked more supple in the picture, of course it wasn't on sale. In the end, I went with the bargains, I ordered both the black and the burgandy and will send one back after I see the IRL--anyway that's the plan. :P

Thanks, Chris, I was wondering that too. I ordered the Logan NS yesterday, but couldn't decide which color. The black and the burgandy which were both on sale, but, the leather on the chocolate looked more supple in the picture, of course it wasn't on sale. In the end, I went with the bargains, I ordered both the black and the burgandy and will send one back after I see the IRL--anyway that's the plan. :P

I'd recommend burgundy, it's an amazing color and the burgundy leather has been softer than the black on the Logans I have seen.

Thank you citychris! That is very helpful. The leather looks much softer in the pics they have on Shopbop compared to other sites, so it's a bit confusing trying to work out what the leather is really like.

I just wanted to weigh in that I have the Logan Shopper in the distressed black, and I absolutely love it. It is large but lightweight, and fits nicely over the shoulder. It's so comfortable to carry! The leather is not delicate at all, so I've had no problem carrying it regardless of weather. It's one of my favorite bags I've ever gotten. I usually buy colored bags, but I like this one in black. I would not mind trying to find it in burgundy if I can get it on sale later in the season. I agree that it is getting softer with use, and I would say it's got a slight sheen, but not much.

OMG!! Lusting for the Uma tote in aubergine!!!

But, with regard to the OP, I am really drawn to the Logan satchel in the dark brown...that said, this fall is not feeling very much like a chocolate brown year to me, much more black, grey, metal and jewel tones. You are causing me to reevaluate the Logan...hmmmm...

Last edited: