Loewe x Spirited Away

congrats! May I know what is buyma, never heard of this before, is it a reseller?
It was new to me too! Someone on here kindly mentioned it and I looked it up. It’s a place where personal shoppers can source and send items to you. Sometimes the have the item in stock other times they will source and order it for you. Do check the seller’s rating but I used Mao from Noel’sStyle and was very pleased with my transaction. There was also a $50usd coupon for signing up/for the newsletter which helped. Good luck!

Reactions: mandiicandii
It was new to me too! Someone on here kindly mentioned it and I looked it up. It’s a place where personal shoppers can source and send items to you. Sometimes the have the item in stock other times they will source and order it for you. Do check the seller’s rating but I used Mao from Noel’sStyle and was very pleased with my transaction. There was also a $50usd coupon for signing up/for the newsletter which helped. Good luck!
Thanks for the info, do you think the mark up is reasonable?

Thanks for the info, do you think the mark up is reasonable?
Mark up depends on individual sellers like eBay, so you may see multiple sellers who have different prices for items. I think it also depends on what country the seller is sourcing the item from. Sometimes you can find unexpectedly cheaper priced things from scrolling through recent items with just Loewe as the search term as they may not add spirited away to the title or the expected keywords.

Reactions: Logic
I have a question regarding the strap on the mini puzzle, it’s too long for me, I would like it shorter. Did anybody got it fixed ? Did you asked a cobbler or Loewe directly ?

I bought a black strap from Etsy that is shorter! It's in the process of shipping but will show you when I get it! There's also a way to knot the strap that it comes with too, but I was a bit ambivalent about how it looked!

Oh man, I thought I was over this and then I started looking at Buyma :doh: thanks for the suggestions! How have customs/ duties been for your orders? @mandiicandii @Purseperson420
Haha yes me too. I went to check out Buyma as I never used it either. But the listed prices of the bags are a bit too high, in my opinion. On the side note, I asked a personal shopper in Japan and she showed me the photos of availability in Loewe boutique there. There are lots of SLGs left and a few hammocks and mini puzzles.

Haha yes me too. I went to check out Buyma as I never used it either. But the listed prices of the bags are a bit too high, in my opinion. On the side note, I asked a personal shopper in Japan and she showed me the photos of availability in Loewe boutique there. There are lots of SLGs left and a few hammocks and mini puzzles.

I wish they would ship around the globe… Do you know what Hammocks they have, the mini ones or the small Kaonashi one?
The Munich store still has a frog Amazona and a few of the coin purses with the frog and Otori as well as some RTW.

I wish they would ship around the globe… Do you know what Hammocks they have, the mini ones or the small Kaonashi one?
The Munich store still has a frog Amazona and a few of the coin purses with the frog and Otori as well as some RTW.
They have only mini hammock from what I saw: the susuwatari and the Bo ones. Yes I wish they would ship as well. I even called the Loewe Thailand store as they launched late on Jan 25 to see if they would do shipping or phone order, but no, they need buyer to physically be there.

Reactions: mandiicandii
Oh man, I thought I was over this and then I started looking at Buyma :doh: thanks for the suggestions! How have customs/ duties been for your orders? @mandiicandii @Purseperson420

Duties and taxes haven’t been that bad, I just double check that they make sure they mark the actual item price and not the price I bought it at which helps avoid paying too much. I think Buyma is pretty strict with them though whereas an eBay seller I was able to negotiate with to lower their price also declared the items at a really low value and I barely had to pay any extra fees for that one- so YMMV. I will note that for Canadians it seems Japan is still not shipping EMS to Canada right now so sellers can only use Fedex/DHL/UPS which all have guaranteed duties and taxes whereas previously if you could ship via EMS it would go through Canadapost and sometimes things would slip through without having to pay.

Reactions: gloomfilter
I haven't had the best luck with Buyma. For the aogaeru flamenco I found some options that seemed to be a good price - like in my currency (Hong Kong dollars) it was originally just under HK$18k and one seller had it for just over HK$19k. But they told me it was sold out. Then next one up (still under HK$20k) said they still had some stock. However, they directed me to a different Japanese listing to buy and that said ¥334,800 (HK$22.7k). Then when I followed the pop up directing me to the English site the price was now over HK$25k. For a mark up of US$940/€840, I might as well buy the one some Hong Kong scalper is selling on Vestiaire (grrr). The other person I contacted said they could no longer get it in Europe (?) but they could source it in Japan for HK$26k.

That's all to say that, in my experience, prices on Buyma haven't been as good as they originally seemed. The coin cardholder looks like a good deal though!

Last time I was at the pop up store the SA wasn't as good as the one I'd spoken to before. She didn't seem to get what I was asking and just kept saying the bag was sold out in Hong Kong. The other SA had a printed list of stock that was coming and a waitlist on her phone for items people had requested. Maybe she'll still come through ...