The Loewe Puzzle Edge

Personally don’t like. The puzzle bag is beautiful because it has that detailing in the different pieces and small leather peaking trough the pieces. The edge bag for me
Looks like a cheap copy or a “first draft” of the puzzle before it became all the details.

Colours however are very lovely

This is probably a little bit too late but here's an intricate in-depth comparison from a leather artist regarding the puzzle bag and the puzzle edge. It affirms why you won't regret going with the original puzzle! https://theleathercrafter.wordpress.com/2021/01/12/loewe-puzzle-bag-honest-review/

Interesting read thanks for sharing. I have the same concerns about the edge strap having weird stitching at the back but I don’t own the original puzzle to really know what I am comparing to and the linked review doesn’t really show the stitching on the original puzzle strap either.

I do like the way the puzzle edge pieces are designed then cut into shape and folded smoothly around into a bag rather than just be pieces of leather stuck on like a collage. The edge does miss out on the details of the underlying leather peeking through but it’s a matter of preference I would say since the edge looks cleaner that respect. I wouldn’t consider that the quality is necessarily worse because with the edge you’re going for an origami style, folded leather bag compared to a bag with leather pieces stuck on to create a pattern. I think it’s probably harder to design well cut folding leather pieces than just sticking on different pieces of leather but that’s just my opinion.

Interesting read thanks for sharing. I have the same concerns about the edge strap having weird stitching at the back but I don’t own the original puzzle to really know what I am comparing to and the linked review doesn’t really show the stitching on the original puzzle strap either.

I do like the way the puzzle edge pieces are designed then cut into shape and folded smoothly around into a bag rather than just be pieces of leather stuck on like a collage. The edge does miss out on the details of the underlying leather peeking through but it’s a matter of preference I would say since the edge looks cleaner that respect. I wouldn’t consider that the quality is necessarily worse because with the edge you’re going for an origami style, folded leather bag compared to a bag with leather pieces stuck on to create a pattern. I think it’s probably harder to design well cut folding leather pieces than just sticking on different pieces of leather but that’s just my opinion.

Yeah I agree! I think seeing a bag from a leather artist standpoint vs consumer would lead to different conclusion. Weighing the complexity of the construction of the bag and determining whether it's worth the pricetag is rather subjective. Also, some people might want a bag that folds and some don't.

Thank you, everyone! Given the price and the opinions on here, I am not ready to splurge on the edge.
I ended up ordering the original in this colorway and I am pretty excited. I love the puzzle, this would be my second one.
View attachment 5189308
I think that you have made an excellent choice. The Loewe Puzzle is beautiful enough without having to add anything to it. I have two traditional Puzzles, one medium and one small. By buying the traditional Puzzles, they will stand the test of time without eventually looking dated. I bought both of mine pre-owned and in mint condition. Plus, both of my sizes have the metal feet as I gravitate towards the older styled ones.

Reactions: deenab and Greentea
I have the original mini in tan and the large edge from the mens collection in anthracite grained. I wasn’t too sure at first with the edge but now I love it. I was told by the SA that the edge is able to take more weight because of the construction especially in the large size.
I did read that article and I think I remember it stated that the Edge finishing is good, stitches are consistent and clean (looks to be machine sewn, but well). I did raise this with my SA who confirmed that all of their bags are handmade including the puzzle edge.
But anyhow - love it and the grained leather thickness and smell is as good as my Hermes Togo and Clemence.

I have the original mini in tan and the large edge from the mens collection in anthracite grained. I wasn’t too sure at first with the edge but now I love it. I was told by the SA that the edge is able to take more weight because of the construction especially in the large size.
I did read that article and I think I remember it stated that the Edge finishing is good, stitches are consistent and clean (looks to be machine sewn, but well). I did raise this with my SA who confirmed that all of their bags are handmade including the puzzle edge.
But anyhow - love it and the grained leather thickness and smell is as good as my Hermes Togo and Clemence.

I’m so glad to read that about the Edge! I just bought mine in Indigo — waiting for it to be delivered. Very excited!