Loewe Puzzle colour decision

Ocean or Midnight

• Ocean (lighter blue)

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Midnight

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters
Honestly, I think both blues are fairly neutral and will work with many other colors. In my experience, bags that provide some contrast against your typical wardrobe colors look best. For example, I wear A LOT of black. Most black bags disappear when my outfit is almost entirely black, so I tend to buy bags that are neutral, yet also offer some contrast to make my outfit more interesting. My tan colored bags are my favorites to wear with black and navy.

Also worth noting, matching navy blues can be difficult, so I vote for Ocean. But both are lovely!

In color, hardware and leather ocean looks more fashion forward. Midnight looks like a fancy under de radar workhorse. These bags are meant to slouch. If this will be an every day bag, ocean will be a lovely puddle sooner that midnight.

I think ocean is beautiful but the gold on midnight elevates the bag. Silver just looks more casual. I would go for midnight.

Hey everyone, went window shopping again over the weekend with the nice weather and I think after trying out a bunch of different bags I’m pretty set on a Puzzle as my first designer bag (unless something pops up in the next little bit to sway me...). That being said, pretty stuck between the Ocean and Midnight colours. I think I’m set on the Medium/“regular” Puzzle as the small is a bit too small for me and I like the feet and extra D ring, but these two colours are tough. The Ocean is apparently a “seasonal” or something type of colour and I really like how it looks (big fan of blue), but the Midnight seems more versatile and classic/timeless, and seemed to suit me more? Also I do like the gold hardware on the Midnight. The blue of the Ocean is amazing though, but the leather is also softer and might get scratched more easily especially because I plan to use this as an every day type of bag outside of work. Any thoughts?

View attachment 5046694View attachment 5046695View attachment 5046696
Both beautiful but love the blue. I also really like the coat you were wearing in the picture. :smile:

You may also want to check this leather guide on the subforum:

The pebbled leather is actually known to slouch more easily, and you may prefer that. I have a Puzzle in the smooth calfskin leather, and it has maintained its shape with a Samorga bag organizer. The leather is hard wearing, and any scratches have buffed out easily with my finger.

You may also want to check this leather guide on the subforum:

The pebbled leather is actually known to slouch more easily, and you may prefer that. I have a Puzzle in the smooth calfskin leather, and it has maintained its shape with a Samorga bag organizer. The leather is hard wearing, and any scratches have buffed out easily with my finger.

May I know which organiser you purchased? The Samorga website has 2mm and 1.2mm thickness options (https://samorga.com/product/puzzle-s-lo-puzzle-small-bag-size-organizer/)

Depends on your personality and wardrobe, of course, but the navy bag seems more practical to me. The other color is nice, but just like with a car, I would eventually get tired of the lighter brighter shade of blue. I own a navy reissue bag and use it all of the time. It is a great neutral! Navy Looks great with denim imo. I have a bright blue goyard St. Louis and like using it only occasionally when I feel like carrying a bag that screams “look at me.” Maybe it’s just me ,but I prefer any bag that cost more than $2k to be neutral, where as if I want a fun color it’s usually less than $2k. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I got the 2mm too, to maintain the structure. I've only used my puzzle for a week but it's already a bit out of shape :/ hope the structure maintains well over time...
I think the Puzzle gets more slouchy when carried by the handle, regardless of organizer. I pick mine up by the handle often, but usually wear it crossbody. I like the Puzzle with or without slouch, but I think wearing it crossbody or on the shoulder delays the slouching most.

I think the Puzzle gets more slouchy when carried by the handle, regardless of organizer. I pick mine up by the handle often, but usually wear it crossbody. I like the Puzzle with or without slouch, but I think wearing it crossbody or on the shoulder delays the slouching most.

Personally, I’m a huge fan of the slouch. I even hang my medium puzzle by the handle on a hook overnight to reinforce the slouch!