Loewe Paid Authentication Services

Also curious to know which authenticator people trust for their Loewe bags. I trust Etinceler implicitly for Chanel but haven't heard any reviews about any Loewe authentication services. For Loewe, I've been considering Legit Grails and Legit Check App. All that aside, here's a very good step-by-step by Legit Check App I'll follow before hiring a paid service.

Excited to get recommendations!

a very good step-by-step

Thank you for posting! I'm wondering though if they are able to spot the differences between a superfake and an auth. The pic of the fake inside stamp is really sloppy, I'm sure there are "higher quality" fakes that use the same font. I've seen comparisons of superfake Hermès Birkins and auth ones. Even as an owner of a few authentic H bags it's hard to spot the differences. So it's scary to buy Loewe from outside channels. With Hermès there is bababebi who has extensive knowledge even of vintage H bags. But with Loewe we seem to lack that person who knows it all.

Reactions: pursekitten
Thank you for posting! I'm wondering though if they are able to spot the differences between a superfake and an auth. The pic of the fake inside stamp is really sloppy, I'm sure there are "higher quality" fakes that use the same font. I've seen comparisons of superfake Hermès Birkins and auth ones. Even as an owner of a few authentic H bags it's hard to spot the differences. So it's scary to buy Loewe from outside channels. With Hermès there is bababebi who has extensive knowledge even of vintage H bags. But with Loewe we seem to lack that person who knows it all.

Agreed! Those were some very sloppy fakes used as examples, while Loewe puzzle super-fakes are everywhere. I kept digging and found a need thread by r/repladies called "Guess the Auth" between a Loewe small puzzle and a mini puzzle—I had my doubts about both but it was a good exercise using a decent fake.

Still waiting for a Loewe auth hero tho. :heart:

Agreed! Those were some very sloppy fakes used as examples, while Loewe puzzle super-fakes are everywhere. I kept digging and found a need thread by r/repladies called "Guess the Auth" between a Loewe small puzzle and a mini puzzle—I had my doubts about both but it was a good exercise using a decent fake.

Still waiting for a Loewe auth hero tho. :heart:
I feel the super fakes still don't get everything right, and I still managed to identify the correct Puzzle in that reddit thread even though with a black bag it's much harder to pixel peep.

Handfeel of the leather is the clearest indicator of authenticity IMO. Loewe's leather is just in a league of its own and cannot be replicated easily.

@despair For sure, nothing beats the hand-feel of a bag to decide if it's legit or a fake. Reading about Loewe puzzle bags in the RepLadies forum has been a really good learning experience on what to look for in an auth vs fake, but again it all comes down to what you said about that hand-feel.

So I took the plunge and used LegitGrails to authenticate my Loewe mini puzzle bag. Below is the breakdown of my experience with LegitGrails. I'd also love to see reviews from other people who have used online authenticators for their Loewe bags in this thread!

Ratings: Trust Pilot reviews are 4.3 out of 5. LegitGrails is also seems responsive to reviews, both good and bad. They've also collaborated with Forbes and Deadline News UK regarding their authentication process.

Resources: They have thorough public authenticity guides on their website that don't require any sign-in or account to view. They offer paid B2C and B2B authentication services.

Price: USD 15 via PayPal, which as another layer of protection. This price is one of the lowest in the market, but the result is also briefer than other higher-priced services.

Guarantee: They guarantee their work so if they identify an item as fake, they offer a fully refundable consultancy service for an additional USD 30 to help customers get refunds from PayPal, etc. This seems to be a service that's already rolled into other higher priced online authenticator services' fees.

My Experience: Photos are uploaded through the website and fee is paid upfront. They contacted me within 24 hours for additional interior bag photos to complete their authenticity check. A lot of photos are required of every single angle, interior, and feature of a bag including any packaging, cards, and dust bags. They emailed me the results in under 48 hours with an authenticity certificate attached. The authenticity ID number is unique and searchable in their online database for the foreseeable future.

Overall: I'm pleased with the turnaround time, the price, and the thorough email communication with the authentication team. My only niggle is that the info on their certificate is very brief, but for the price point and their small team (4 authenticators), I can't really complain. Below is a screenshot of my certificate.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 12.11.06 PM.png

So I took the plunge and used LegitGrails to authenticate my Loewe mini puzzle bag. Below is the breakdown of my experience with LegitGrails. I'd also love to see reviews from other people who have used online authenticators for their Loewe bags in this thread!

Ratings: Trust Pilot reviews are 4.3 out of 5. LegitGrails is also seems responsive to reviews, both good and bad. They've also collaborated with Forbes and Deadline News UK regarding their authentication process.

Resources: They have thorough public authenticity guides on their website that don't require any sign-in or account to view. They offer paid B2C and B2B authentication services.

Price: USD 15 via PayPal, which as another layer of protection. This price is one of the lowest in the market, but the result is also briefer than other higher-priced services.

Guarantee: They guarantee their work so if they identify an item as fake, they offer a fully refundable consultancy service for an additional USD 30 to help customers get refunds from PayPal, etc. This seems to be a service that's already rolled into other higher priced online authenticator services' fees.

My Experience: Photos are uploaded through the website and fee is paid upfront. They contacted me within 24 hours for additional interior bag photos to complete their authenticity check. A lot of photos are required of every single angle, interior, and feature of a bag including any packaging, cards, and dust bags. They emailed me the results in under 48 hours with an authenticity certificate attached. The authenticity ID number is unique and searchable in their online database for the foreseeable future.

Overall: I'm pleased with the turnaround time, the price, and the thorough email communication with the authentication team. My only niggle is that the info on their certificate is very brief, but for the price point and their small team (4 authenticators), I can't really complain. Below is a screenshot of my certificate.

View attachment 5029561
Very interesting and thanks for sharing! Enjoy your puzzle bag now that you're assured of its authenticity!

• Love
I feel the super fakes still don't get everything right, and I still managed to identify the correct Puzzle in that reddit thread even though with a black bag it's much harder to pixel peep.

Handfeel of the leather is the clearest indicator of authenticity IMO. Loewe's leather is just in a league of its own and cannot be replicated easily.
The stitching is often the indicator for me if going by photos only. That was the case here. In person, I would also judge by the hand feel and scent of the bag.

View attachment 5029561

Thanks a lot for sharing this! I am looking to buy a preloved small puzzle in sand/mink and will use this service for additional authentication!

Just heard from Legit Grails, their service was great and I would definitely use them again!

They did require very detailed photos of the hardware, serial number and zipper. I sent 17 photos initially and sent another 5 of the zipper. I paid for the 12 hour service but it took 24 hours between taking the photos and waiting for their response. Highly recommend since the super fake puzzles are rampant within preloved markets.

Awesome, so glad they worked out! Congratulations on your new Loewe puzzle. :heart:

Reactions: Cardamom
Awesome, so glad they worked out! Congratulations on your new Loewe puzzle. :heart:

Thank you very much!! Your review of their service was helpful so I appreciate that you shared it here. Also @totally was very helpful so thank you both!

I’m so excited! I purchased it from Brandear eBay which is based in Japan if anyone is curious. They had an authenticity guarantee and refund policy so I thought it would be a safe choice given their long-standing reputation and excellent reviews here on TPF. Happy it worked out! The puzzle is in excellent condition and I paid $1600 for it.

Thank you very much!! Your review of their service was helpful so I appreciate that you shared it here. Also @totally was very helpful so thank you both!

I’m so excited! I purchased it from Brandear eBay which is based in Japan if anyone is curious. They had an authenticity guarantee and refund policy so I thought it would be a safe choice given their long-standing reputation and excellent reviews here on TPF. Happy it worked out! The puzzle is in excellent condition and I paid $1600 for it.

Japanese resellers ftw! I also love buying preloved from Japan (BrandOff mostly), although I haven't tried Brandear yet. Thank you for the recommendation.

I recently bought a preloved small puzzle in tan from the local Facebook groups. Seller has good reviews with receipt and dust bag but I wanted to be 100% sure so I tried legitgrails based on the recommendations here.

Transaction was quite smooth. I sent in 20 pictures initially and then I was asked to send more for clearer pictures of the zippers and date code. The only confusing part was I got two separate emails requesting for different things so perhaps two people might have picked up my file by accident. I responded to the more detailed one and all was good after :smile:.
I used the 24 hours service for $15 USD and the entire process took about 48 hours because of the back and forth emails for additional pictures.

D06BA126-06A4-484F-A881-BB997C92F4C8.jpeg