Loeffler Randall - broke after four wears

Jul 4, 2009
Bought a Loeffler Randall drawstring backpack back in August directly from Amazon (not a reseller). The strap snapped after four wears max (didn't overload it with weight either - not that it should matter). The other strap looks like it's not in the greatest shape either. Nuts.

I emailed Loeffler Randall and they refused any sort of replacement/advice on how to repair because I didn't order directly through their website. They said there is a one year warranty if you buy through their site directly and repairs are mainly to hardware, not for straps. Is this a joke? I always thought they were a reputable mid-tier brand. I have some of their shoes, but this is my first and now last bag I purchase from them.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. I simply do not understand how businesses justify making what appear to be quality products and pay no mind to longevity, repairability...

A strap is normally an easy fix. I am assuming it broke near the fitting. Find an experienced leather craft studio and they will take care of it quickly. If you are in London, drop me a PM, ill have it fixed for you at no charge.

- Oliver

Bought a Loeffler Randall drawstring backpack back in August directly from Amazon (not a reseller). The strap snapped after four wears max (didn't overload it with weight either - not that it should matter). The other strap looks like it's not in the greatest shape either. Nuts.

I emailed Loeffler Randall and they refused any sort of replacement/advice on how to repair because I didn't order directly through their website. They said there is a one year warranty if you buy through their site directly and repairs are mainly to hardware, not for straps. Is this a joke? I always thought they were a reputable mid-tier brand. I have some of their shoes, but this is my first and now last bag I purchase from them.

Your contract is with the supplier (Amazon) not the manufacturer (LR), I assume the country you are located in has consumer protection / fitness for purpose laws, investigate the coverage of these laws in your jurisdiction and request redress from Amazon, for example, replacement with a non-faulty bag.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. I simply do not understand how businesses justify making what appear to be quality products and pay no mind to longevity, repairability...

A strap is normally an easy fix. I am assuming it broke near the fitting. Find an experienced leather craft studio and they will take care of it quickly. If you are in London, drop me a PM, ill have it fixed for you at no charge.

- Oliver
(Wow, that's really sweet/generous of you to offer!)