Locks on Bags: Do you use or store?

LittleStar88

Jul 12, 2018
When I received my Speedy B 25, I didn’t unpack the lock and squirreled it away. It’s still in the cute little box.

Do you like to keep the lock on your bag or not?

If you do, do you keep the keys with you or at home? Does the lock get in the way? Is it clunky and in the way at all?

Trying to determine if I should finally unpack it and put it on the bag (decorative cuteness) or keep stored away for if/when I ever have a use for it on the bag.

I keep mine on the one zipper pull the way it came from the store. It does not get in my way. The keys are in the little LV pouch which I put in the zipper pocket inside the bag. I cannot think of a reason that I would ever lock my bag because I never leave it unattended, but I do think it is part up the Speedy design and like the look of it.

Hi!

I use it. One key with my keys, the second key stashed with my other "replacement"/secondary keys.

If I'm running quick errands, I mostly keep the lock on one zipper only. If I go "shopping", I lock my bag.

Back when I traveled on short notice/ directly from office, I kept a second, TSA approved, (numerical) lock inside my Keepall in case I had to check it.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Reactions: 880
I frequently see stretched out tabs on Speedys from people who have stored their lock on the tab. I keep mine and one of the keys on a key ring hook I have attached to one of the brass handle connectors. Easy access if I need it, cute decoration, and no damage to the tabs.

Thanks for the feedback! I will break out the lock and key later today to see how I feel about it :cool:

I can’t envision myself needing to lock my bag but I see how it could come in handy.

I always have the lock and 1 key on the pockets that come with a lock.
I only use it, however, when I'm traveling to cities that are known for pickpocketing and in very busy places as well as transfers or at the airport when I'm busy with luggage, for example.

Reactions: LittleStar88
I keep the lock on the zipper pull of my Epi Alma BB, which makes it easy to open. I don’t use the lock on neither of my Speedies. I find the gold version tarnishes quickly rather than the silver (which does not at all). I too keep one key in the bag and the second at home for safe keeping.

Reactions: LittleStar88