Lockheart Information?

Love$Purses

Apr 13, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I saw a tan Lockheart purse at Nordstrom this weekend. It is a Rosarita Gwen Cream and is also carried by Saks. I thought it was very unusual and I like to carry purses that are different from what everyone else is carrying. I carried a Kooba this winter and it was unfamiliar to a lot of folks because it was an unusual patent style for Kooba. Now I want that same comment from my next bag.

What can you tell me about this brand? Thanks in advance.

I have a couple of Lockhearts and I am a big fan. They are very well made and, as you noted, have some unusual designs. I especially love them because the insides help me be organized.

In case you don't know, Lockheart was started by two designers that left Isabella Fiore.

There have been Lockheart discussions in a few other threads, if you feel like doing a search.

I like the "organization" aspect as well. I like to be able to look in my purse and retrieve important things like my cell phone, glasses, keys,etc. without digging and these designers seem to think that way as well. I thought of Isabella Fiore immediately when I saw it.

Have your Lockheart purses held up well and would you spend the approx. $650 for one? I looked at a Car Shoe purse which was beautiful to behold but had absolutely no organization pockets in it and everything tumbled around. I understand it is made by Prada, but the "unorganization" ruined it for me there.

I'm new here, so I haven't done much searching for Lockheart except through Google. Anyone else who has had one or seen one I would love to hear from!Especially, are they worth investing in? Do you get many compliments if you own one?

I have no experience to suggest they are not worth the money, though I do think that they are at the high end of what I would pay for them. That said, I snap at them like a trout and my bags are well cared for. I have only gotten one on sale by sheer luck. When my Nordstrom has them, they will have gotten one (or one in each style of a group) and never seem to make it to the sale table. My Saks usually has one or two on display.

The other thing I love is that their regular straps are usually long enough to be shoulder straps without using the attachables. That's a priceless design feature for me.

It's been so nice to be able to put the regular straps on my shoulder. Though I like the look of the shorter straps, in the end I am stuck with other brands having to use the long strap only as I am not a handheld kind of person. Love my Lockhearts.