lock... with keys attached?

candid1x

Apr 8, 2008
I've heard of some people keeping the keys attached to the lock and wearing it outside of the bag (on the zipper pull)... anyone have pics of this? Wouldn't the keys fall off/get lost?! :hrmm:

I have the key ring locked onto my lock and attached to my Damier's tab. Even if you place the keys inside the lock, they won't just fall out, though.

I do that with my Hermes, but I attach the lock to the clochette. I will say that on my LV bags a couple of times I've just stuck the keys in the lock and forgot and left it like that for a week of carrying it, and the keys never came out!

I've heard of some people keeping the keys attached to the lock and wearing it outside of the bag (on the zipper pull)... anyone have pics of this? Wouldn't the keys fall off/get lost?! :hrmm:

I have mine attached inside the bag together...

Attachments

• dam Irene.JPG
    dam Irene.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 03-28-2008 077.jpg
    03-28-2008 077.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 130
[turned the flash off my cell phone so i could take a closer pic]
dc51.jpg

I do the same with mine.

205404577157_0_01.jpg

Excuse the cam phone image. I prefer to keep the keys on because I don't want to hide them and turn into on of those people who doesn't "know where the keys are". But, I've also seen ladies with the key's in the lock. I just wouldn't want to have some kid or kid-adult tempted to twist my lock open.

I have the key ring locked onto my lock and attached to my Damier's tab. Even if you place the keys inside the lock, they won't just fall out, though.

I did this with my Speedy, as well. I originally had them just in the lock (and they were fine), but I locked them onto the lock after a few days.

I just keep the keys inside of the bag. I only used a lock and key for the bag once.. that was during Thanksgiving when everyone left coats and bags inside of a bedroom.

Halfway during watching tv, I noticed that a good amount of people were gone. Turns out they were in the bedroom talking and touching the bag. Verrry sneaky. :graucho:

Hmmm... I don't know if this is a stupid question but if you lock both keys onto the lock can't you not ever open the lock again......? or am I missing something here? :shame:
Good thinking...I really like the look of locking the keys with the lock (as shown above) it never occured to me to do it this way. But now that you mentioned this, what do you do?:shrugs: