Lock/charms

crochetbella said:
Gorgeous!!! Do you think it would be wrong to put one on a non-H bag, like a Speedy? :shrugs:
SF had two hearts, one ship (gold), one elephant (gold), two hippos, and two pegasus. :flowers:
I think the charms would look good on any bag, :tender: the charms are not hermes-logos per say, so absolutely, they would go with any designer bag in my opinion!

koukanamiya said:
HiHeels, I once saw a palladium purse charm in chain style that I think you can hang it at the base of your strap. The purse charm has dangling little charms of an H, a dog, and a horse on it. Hmm ... I don't know how to describe it but Nepherisis has one in her listing:

eBay: NIB Hermes HORSE DOG KELLY LOCK H Silver Charm Key Ring (item 6882502500 end time Aug-14-06 22:54:14 PDT)

I saw this VERY SAME charm when I visited my store a few months back. Personally I'm waiting for something in ruthenium to hang on my non-Hermes bags.

This chain style purse charm does come in Ruthenium. Tempted??? :graucho:

Sofibella said:
... I currently have the gold heart, the gold hippo (the year of my youngest's birth),
omg, I have the palladium hippo, the year of my youngest's birth too!! and the heart palladium (she was concived in 2004;) )

May I enquire what is this association of a charm to a particular year? Is it the year of launch/release or something? And in a year, would there be a few different charms?

What would that be for 2003?

mrssparkles said:
May I enquire what is this association of a charm to a particular year? Is it the year of launch/release or something? And in a year, would there be a few different charms?

What would that be for 2003?
The charms coincide with the theme for the year. For example, this year's theme is L'Air de Paris, Paris in the Air. So this year's charm is a boat. The connection between the two is that the official motto for Paris is fluctuat nec mergitur, translated it means "tossed by the waves but does not sink". You will find the exact boat on Paris's official coat of arms.

2003's theme was the Mediterranean sea. The charm for which I cannot remember.

costa said:
omg, I have the palladium hippo, the year of my youngest's birth too!! and the heart palladium (she was concived in 2004;) )

I checked out the locks and charms today. The palladium hippo is SO SO cute. But when I saw the heart palladium, I instantly knew that has to be my first lock. (that's my pet name from my husband)

I also got the Hermes Horse Dog chain lock/charm in palladium. For my JPG to-be!!! (:graucho: ). I don't intend to untie the ribbon and open the box yet. Am thinking to open it when my JPG arrives. Any issue with keeping the charm in the box for several months?

This is one of my favorite topics! I just love Hermes charms. Since my sweet kitty cats bit through some of my leather charms (while they were hanging from bags - ugh- but at least they didn't chew my bags!!), I figure I am safer with the metal charms. Here are pix of my ever-growing charm collection: (from left) gold elephant, gold lion, gold hippo, gold heart, gold sun, palladium lion, gold pelican. Next pic: Chinese lantern (my most recent and fave charm acquisition)!!

Attachments

• cadenas.JPG
    cadenas.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 125
  • ChineseLanternCharm001.JPG
    ChineseLanternCharm001.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 99