Lock/charms

Just wanted to add that if you get a charm that is fairly flat, like the heart, it can be hung from a necklace that you may already own. The trick is to have a little extra piece that can be attached to the charm ring so that it will be flat against your body. One of my Kieselstin-Cord charms came with this and I can use it for the Hermes cadenas, but I think you might be able to find it at a store that carries jewelry findings or a bead store. You need a piece to attach the charm to that is vertical as opposed to the usual horizontal. The Hermes bracelets and necklaces made for the charms are like this.

gracekelly said:
Just wanted to add that if you get a charm that is fairly flat, like the heart, it can be hung from a necklace that you may already own. The trick is to have a little extra piece that can be attached to the charm ring so that it will be flat against your body. One of my Kieselstin-Cord charms came with this and I can use it for the Hermes cadenas, but I think you might be able to find it at a store that carries jewelry findings or a bead store. You need a piece to attach the charm to that is vertical as opposed to the usual horizontal. The Hermes bracelets and necklaces made for the charms are like this.

Like a bail or jump ring. You can also ask your friend Japster who could probably find one around in silver/gold fill for free.:yes:

Sofibella said:
You may still be able to find the heart in stores, I think I saw a palladium in Atlanta. In store they have ranged from just under $200 to over $300 for the ship charm this year. I currently have the gold heart, the gold hippo (the year of my youngest's birth), the gold hand, ( the year of my eldest's birth), and the pelicans in palladium and gold. I love them!!

That is a great idea and coincidently I have two bags and two kids. LOL.
Unfort. I do not see a gold Tuareg (H charm) on ebay. :sad:

The Charms or Cadenas as they are known are something of a passion for me and I have almost every one ever created in both palladium and gold .... will try and take some pics and post them over the next week or so

Sometimes I hang several on the clochette all at once or attached from a piece of leather around the handles, but never on a light coloured Birkin as they can rub over a period of time and cause damage to a Birkin

flossyfigaro said:
The Charms or Cadenas as they are known are something of a passion for me and I have almost every one ever created in both palladium and gold .... will try and take some pics and post them over the next week or so

Sometimes I hang several on the clochette all at once or attached from a piece of leather around the handles, but never on a light coloured Birkin as they can rub over a period of time and cause damage to a Birkin

Do you have the shooting star one? I've been looking for one in gold forever~~:nuts: And since I want it brand new, it's an impossible task now.

Hi Kou - yes I have both the shooting stars in gold and in silver, but they are not the ones I am currently selling, sorry ... it took me ages to get both of those and they were certainly not cheap LOL

I will take some pics as soon as I get time and post them

flossyfigaro said:
Hi Kou - yes I have both the shooting stars in gold and in silver, but they are not the ones I am currently selling, sorry ... it took me ages to get both of those and they were certainly not cheap LOL

I will take some pics as soon as I get time and post them

I would love to see pictures of them. Do you think stores can locate those if they have the SKU#? I've called several stores and so far none of them had been willing to help ...:crybaby:

Btw, the pegasus charms are from a few years back, right? How come I still see them all over the place?

koukanamiya said:
I would love to see pictures of them. Do you think stores can locate those if they have the SKU#? I've called several stores and so far none of them had been willing to help ...:crybaby:

Btw, the pegasus charms are from a few years back, right? How come I still see them all over the place?

Hi Kou

I doubt any of the stores will still have the old charms, they are usually offered in the sales once out of production - the Hermes pegasus charm was available in the sale this year for example as was a couple of the other charms.

You never know though, the lovely seller shopfranceinc managed to find one of the rarest charms; the chinese lantern which is a two-tone charm, in gold and palladium earlier this year when one of the boutiques managed to find one rattling away in a drawer ... it wasn't cheap though - these Cadenas are highly sought after by Hermes sellers as well as eBay buyers.

In my view only I think the gold heart charm is the cutest charm on a mini Kelly, it is absolutely perfect for this litttle bag.:tender:

Sarah-girl said:
I love the charms and especially the animal ones:heart: . You can either use them with a Kelly double tour bracelet or I usually attach them to the clochette of my bags and sometimes will attach more than one on the clochette, for a whole animal parade. The pelican is a bit larger. so I like it on my 35cm. ,whereas for the 31cm Bolide I usually go for slightly smaller Elephant.

**I :heart: :heart: the watering can!!

sarah-girl, your pictures are utterly mouth-watering. thank you for posting. we're all going to get charm fever now i think. what is the leather on your bolide? :flowers:

so at the sale this year, they will have the hippo?