Lock Bag Light Ivory Issues & Questions (worried)

LornaLou

Addicted to denim!
O.G.
Aug 7, 2009
Hi everyone! I got my first Valentino Lock Bag, I chose the Mini in Light Ivory. I ordered from FarFetch (it came from Biondini Paris) and I got it on Monday. I was super excited as I was finally getting a Lock bag, but I'm worried. When I opened the FarFetch shipping box, inside was the flimsiest cardboard box which looks like a Valentino stock box with a photo of the bag and codes on it. Then inside there was a canvas beige dust bag (the same one I got with my City sandals). Do the Lock bags not come with a box?

My other issue is, the bag stinks. It smells like a potent leather factory or an old leather jackets shop, like a heavily treated leather. It's enough to make my room smell and it smells on my hands. I don't remember smelling this when I was in the Valentino shop before, but then I never tried Light Ivory. Does Light Ivory or white bags in general really smell? I have a beige leather jacket from ALLSAINTS that stank terrible, while other colours don't. So I wasn't sure if it was a beige/white leather issue?

Upon further inspection, the flap is a bit wonky so it doesn't look level, and some parts of the bag are not all that neat either. It was worrying me that I ended up with a fake, even though the bag was from Biondini Paris from FarFetch. Is that even possible? I never got an invoice either... I've ordered from FarFetch numerous times before, but I wanted to know your opinions here first before I speak to FarFetch.

So is the really strong smell on light leather bags normal? Is it being slightly wonky normal and not as well made as say a LV or Celine? And do they come in a box or just the dust bag? Thank you SO much! I can provide photos if needs be.

Reactions: missie1
Hi everyone! I got my first Valentino Lock Bag, I chose the Mini in Light Ivory. I ordered from FarFetch (it came from Biondini Paris) and I got it on Monday. I was super excited as I was finally getting a Lock bag, but I'm worried. When I opened the FarFetch shipping box, inside was the flimsiest cardboard box which looks like a Valentino stock box with a photo of the bag and codes on it. Then inside there was a canvas beige dust bag (the same one I got with my City sandals). Do the Lock bags not come with a box?

My other issue is, the bag stinks. It smells like a potent leather factory or an old leather jackets shop, like a heavily treated leather. It's enough to make my room smell and it smells on my hands. I don't remember smelling this when I was in the Valentino shop before, but then I never tried Light Ivory. Does Light Ivory or white bags in general really smell? I have a beige leather jacket from ALLSAINTS that stank terrible, while other colours don't. So I wasn't sure if it was a beige/white leather issue?

Upon further inspection, the flap is a bit wonky so it doesn't look level, and some parts of the bag are not all that neat either. It was worrying me that I ended up with a fake, even though the bag was from Biondini Paris from FarFetch. Is that even possible? I never got an invoice either... I've ordered from FarFetch numerous times before, but I wanted to know your opinions here first before I speak to FarFetch.

So is the really strong smell on light leather bags normal? Is it being slightly wonky normal and not as well made as say a LV or Celine? And do they come in a box or just the dust bag? Thank you SO much! I can provide photos if needs be.
I ordered my yellow Valentino from Farfetch. The box that it comes in is very flimsy and it's just stock box. As they ship international I'm sure they do this to save on the weight. The dust bag should be red though and heavy kwim. Please post photos. Also if it smells horrible send it back and get refund.