Lock and nametag. Disturbing elements?

Dorf

O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
Lately I have removed the lock and nametag from my Icare because I use the bag as a work bag / everyday bag. I think the bag looks more "clean". Honestly... -isn't a nametag supposed to be for travel? And how often do you close your bag with a lock? It is mostly a decoration. I think I will put on the nametag when travelling.
So question is, do you prefer your bag "clean" and plain without any "disturbing" elements, or do you carry your bag with those items?

Well the Icare is under the travel department on the LV website...so it should include a ID tag. :P
Icare does look good as a briefcase...and I think it look fine without it too. :biggrin:

I agree about name tags. I am not sure why that seems to be a trend here. Name tags are nothing special. I can understand a nice charm or bandeau for the ladies..
The lock, I see as a preference. I have a mono alma and I carry the lock in the inside pocket.

Lock - no, name tag - only with my embossed initials. I never travel or check handbags/luggage with details on it.

Don't check in a bag with a lock on it - LV or not - if customs want to search it they will cut the bag!

I suppose it depends to a certain extent, my work and family/friends know I'm a LV addict and love my lil luggage tag. But I can see how this might "disturb" the look of the bag! Xx

Well the Icare is under the travel department on the LV website...so it should include a ID tag. :P
Icare does look good as a briefcase...and I think it look fine without it too. :biggrin:
Yes you'r right, but now LV has also placed the Icare under "business bags" in the Men's bag section. :smile:
-The PDV briefacase (both regular and GM) comes with lock and nametag, but the Sabena doesn't..

Yes you'r right, but now LV has also placed the Icare under "business bags" in the Men's bag section. :smile:
-The PDV briefacase (both regular and GM) comes with lock and nametag, but the Sabena doesn't..

Oh my god...totally forgot about Icare being under business bags and the PDV having ID tags...it embarrassing to realize that when I go LV website religiously. :lolots:
Thank you for reminding me. :P
I think the Sabena would look odd with a ID tag...their is no proper place area to hang on the ID tag. I think that why it doesn't include one?

I am also always under the impression that name tags are exclusive to travel bags. :wondering

Last edited:
I also love the locks and keys in their little clochettes, but I do not use my locks on my handbags. The only exception is the SC because it has it's own little "jacket". Hehe

Actually I just saw today that you can order those little jackets in Vachetta. Now that I just might put on a handbag. So cute.

Otherwise, I only adorn my handbags with cute bag charms and/or bandeaus.

I do not have a luggage tag with my initials on it "yet". :lol:

Hi Dorf! I think we've had a similar discussion before! :smile:

Personally, I like those elements and equate them to flourishes of character (like a pocket square or lapel pin on a suit)- something that identifies the bag as yours. Plus, having a stamped luggage tag adds another layer of authenticity, especially in a big city with so many fakes being paraded around.

Hi Dorf! I think we've had a similar discussion before! :smile:

Personally, I like those elements and equate them to flourishes of character (like a pocket square or lapel pin on a suit)- something that identifies the bag as yours. Plus, having a stamped luggage tag adds another layer of authenticity, especially in a big city with so many fakes being paraded around.
You got a point there! -But the bags look more clean without all the "garnish" ;)
Well, maby after a while I will change my mind and put on the stuff again. Either the lock or the nametag. Both is too much! ;)

I also love the locks and keys in their little clochettes, but I do not use my locks on my handbags. The only exception is the SC because it has it's own little "jacket". Hehe

Actually I just saw today that you can order those little jackets in Vachetta. Now that I just might put on a handbag. So cute.

Otherwise, I only adorn my handbags with cute bag charms and/or bandeaus.

I do not have a luggage tag with my initials on it "yet". :lol:

Where on the site can I find the jackets?.....I never use my locks but I might if they have jackets!...lol

Where on the site can I find the jackets?.....I never use my locks but I might if they have jackets!...lol
I've never seen them either. Someone posted today that they ordered the jacket and clochette with the keys in Vachetta. (Sorry, I don't remember where I saw the post).

One thing's for sure, I'm asking my SA next time I'm there! :lol: