Loaning your bags?

I would let my mom borrow my stuff if she asked. She takes really good care of her bags, in fact she always tells me to take care of my bags better. But in my family no one likes borrowing things if they can help it. So if my mom and I liked the same bag then we would each get one so we won't have to share.

No. It's not being selfish, it's just that if a person cannot afford to purchase their own things I feel they should learn to be happy with what they can afford. Or maybe save up so they can buy one for themselves.

Bags are very personal as they are chosen with great care, treated well and hold our most personal items. To loan one out would be like sharing underwear, in my humble opinion.

Now would I share underwear with my daughter, sure, but never if she smoked.

I would really hesitate to loan out my more expensive bags (which aren't even THAT expensive compared to some people's, but they are to me). I would loan out any of my other ones, but not my MJ or my Kooba (haha, and it's not even here yet). Not to my mom, either, because she doesn't care about designer bags and she is very hard on her purses (stuffs them full of things, throws them around, etc). I honestly don't think she'd ever ask me to borrow one of them, though, and I doubt anyone else would ask to borrow more than a clutch.