LMB Protection question!!! Please help!

bay102375

Apr 19, 2012
Hi everyone! I just want to ask ya'll if you ever tried using the LMB Vachetta protection by itself? I just got mine, just the Vachetta protection (not the kit). Haven't try treating any of my bags yet, it will be my first time. And i am wondering if i can use it (Vachetta protection) even without the soil release & conditioner? Does anybody tried this on their Louis? Just the vachetta protection? And how did it turn out? Thanks again for all your input!:biggrin:

yes you can use it on it own. the other product is for when you need to clean the bag and then condition it afterwards. i used it on my brand new artsy and since it only a couple months old i haven't had the need to clean it yet. i dont use the cloth that come with it, i put a small amount on a new makeup sponge (the triangle one), pinched the liquid into the sponge and then rub it on the vachetta. i find this way easier to apply and it distribute more evenly. so no white streaks and it barely change the color of the vachetta after it dries. follow the directions.. use the the blow dry on low heat or let it dry naturally before reapplying 2nd coat. btw...its worth it to buy the whole kit. the cleaner is awesome! hope this helps you and enjoy your new bag.

I'm glad you posted this because I just purchased the protector for my Odeon PM. I've been purchasing LV for 8 years and have never treated any of my bags, but I would like to give it a shot. My product hasn't arrived yet (purchased it over the weekend online). I'm scared to use it!!

yes you can use it on it own. the other product is for when you need to clean the bag and then condition it afterwards. i used it on my brand new artsy and since it only a couple months old i haven't had the need to clean it yet. i dont use the cloth that come with it, i put a small amount on a new makeup sponge (the triangle one), pinched the liquid into the sponge and then rub it on the vachetta. i find this way easier to apply and it distribute more evenly. so no white streaks and it barely change the color of the vachetta after it dries. follow the directions.. use the the blow dry on low heat or let it dry naturally before reapplying 2nd coat. btw...its worth it to buy the whole kit. the cleaner is awesome! hope this helps you and enjoy your new bag.

O dear, thank you!:smile: Im actually gonna use it for my Artsy Mono as well! I am so scared to treat my bags but i fin'lly decided to give it a shot bec i'm too scared to get it stained with anything esp water marks. I love you tip about the make up sponge, i'm totaly gonna try that! What about the braided handles, what did you used to apply on it? And how? Did you buff it after it dries? Did you noticed any darkening after? :biggrin: thanks so much!

I'm glad you posted this because I just purchased the protector for my Odeon PM. I've been purchasing LV for 8 years and have never treated any of my bags, but I would like to give it a shot. My product hasn't arrived yet (purchased it over the weekend online). I'm scared to use it!!

Me too! Im so scared to treat my bags myself:shucks:, but i want to give it a shot as well because im too scared of water marks and stain. What made you decided to try the protector? Does any of your mono bags have any stain?

O dear, thank you!:smile: Im actually gonna use it for my Artsy Mono as well! I am so scared to treat my bags but i fin'lly decided to give it a shot bec i'm too scared to get it stained with anything esp water marks. I love you tip about the make up sponge, i'm totaly gonna try that! What about the braided handles, what did you used to apply on it? And how? Did you buff it after it dries? Did you noticed any darkening after? :biggrin: thanks so much!

i use the same method on the braided part of the handle. just run it through the top part with the sponge...the space between braids are too small, you can't see the patina in-between braids anyway. if that make sense. no buffing required. after the cream dries it leave the vachetta with this smooth silky sheen..lol hard to put in words and now i sound like a weirdo feeling up my bag.:roflmfao: after it dries the color on the handle is so slit you will forget how it was originally. heres my handle ;)

IMG_20130123_161221_zpscf3b6eea.jpg

IMG_20130123_161245_zpsfdf54e2b.jpg

lol thats my son pillow pet in there...keeping mommy's artsy in top shape.

Last edited:
Me too! Im so scared to treat my bags myself:shucks:, but i want to give it a shot as well because im too scared of water marks and stain. What made you decided to try the protector? Does any of your mono bags have any stain?

I have always wanted to try a protector, but I always chicken out because LV tells you not to treat the vachetta. My mono bags all have water marks on them, but they aren't noticeable because my mono bags are all at least 4 years old and they have a nice patina.

i use the same method on the braided part of the handle. just run it through the top part with the sponge...the space between braids are too small, you can't see the patina in-between braids anyway. if that make sense. no buffing required. after the cream dries it leave the vachetta with this smooth silky sheen..lol hard to put in words and now i sound like a weirdo feeling up my bag.:roflmfao: after it dries the color on the handle is so slit you will forget how it was originally. heres my handle ;)

IMG_20130123_161221_zpscf3b6eea.jpg

IMG_20130123_161245_zpsfdf54e2b.jpg

lol thats my son pillow pet in there...keeping mommy's artsy in top shape.

Omigosh! Thanks for your wonderful tips!:hugs: She looks so perfect!!!:loveeyes: Im so glad you read my post, you totally convinced me to try it myself!;)...

I have always wanted to try a protector, but I always chicken out because LV tells you not to treat the vachetta. My mono bags all have water marks on them, but they aren't noticeable because my mono bags are all at least 4 years old and they have a nice patina.

BTW, just want to let you know i saw 3 of your mod shots & you totally rock all of your bags! Port & Artsy, to die for! And your Odeon PM seems just perfect on you! What can i say, You got good taste girl!:tup: