lizard peekaboo?

Dec 27, 2008
Hi! I've recently become quite taken with the fendi peekaboo (just bought a gorgeous suede one) and now I want one more

I was thinking of getting one in lizard - I did some searching and while there were a few posts about the python, it seems like the lizard is completely undiscussed. Is there a reason for that? Why is it so unpopular? I know it's a few hundred $ more but I don't think that would turn people completely off

Also, is there anything I should know before purchasing? Does anyone have a hidden fendi lizard peekaboo somewhere and wants to share? Any thoughts in general about the lizard one?

Here's a pic just to show the look I want -
Not fully certain on color yet ! Thanks so much :heart:

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 4.47.20 AM.png

Hi! I've recently become quite taken with the fendi peekaboo (just bought a gorgeous suede one) and now I want one more

I was thinking of getting one in lizard - I did some searching and while there were a few posts about the python, it seems like the lizard is completely undiscussed. Is there a reason for that? Why is it so unpopular? I know it's a few hundred $ more but I don't think that would turn people completely off

Also, is there anything I should know before purchasing? Does anyone have a hidden fendi lizard peekaboo somewhere and wants to share? Any thoughts in general about the lizard one?

View attachment 4918407
This is gorgeous, especially with the ombre effect! I prefer lizard over most leathers, because it is remarkably durable. It usually costs thousands more in Canada if it is lizard, to my knowledge, which makes it quite pricey, unless you're getting it preowned where exotics usually resell for much less than their retail price.

Reactions: classicgirll

View attachment 4918407

One thing to note about lizard is that you need to properly maintain the skin over time as it is very prone to drying out. The skin itself is quite thin and flexible so the benefit is that they don’t tend to get creases like some other exotics. Moreover the scale pattern tends to be very uniform!

One of the main things to avoid is any type of liquid falling on the skin as it can cause permanent damages to the skin.

As @averagejoe mentioned, lizard is usually thousands more at retail than python or a regular calf leather.

However, considering you love your suede version, you should be fine with a lizard bag since both types require a bit of careful consideration.

The bag pictured above is stunning!

Last edited:
Reactions: classicgirll

View attachment 4918407
I find Fendi's exotics absolutely beautiful but out of my price range. It leans too far into Hermes and Chanel's pricing and then you are competing for those bags as well. I love the red your showing and think it would be a breathtaking purchase. As others have already said it can be a bit more maintenance but to be honest if I were going to buy an exotic it would be from Fendi.

I find Fendi's exotics absolutely beautiful but out of my price range. It leans too far into Hermes and Chanel's pricing and then you are competing for those bags as well. I love the red your showing and think it would be a breathtaking purchase. As others have already said it can be a bit more maintenance but to be honest if I were going to buy an exotic it would be from Fendi.

Thank you for your response! It is true the fendi lizard is close to chanel prices, but for an exotic, I thought it was reasonable. A dream of mine is a hermes kelly or birkin 25 in lizard, but those are QUITE a bit more, so I'm hoping this will satisfy me... especially since the shape is very kelly-like. I'm happy with my leather handbag collection so far, so I think this would be an interesting addition. We'll see though!

Reactions: papertiger