Lizard Embossed owners... help! It's my 1st B-bag!

jooon

O.G.
Nov 5, 2010
I just received my lizard embossed cypres city (in lambskin) yesterday and LURVE it to bits but I found bits along the side of the bag where the leather had "flaked off". You can only see it if you look closely, but it's my first B bag and I so wanted it to be perfect. :sad:

Bal_Lizard_2a.jpg

Bal_Lizard_1a.jpg

I emailed the sellers and was told that they've noticed this problem with the lizard embossed series bags. That the leather tends to "stick". And that's what I think happened. The sides were pressed together during storage and when it was taken out, it "tore apart" and the leather flaked away. It sounds drastic, I know but that's the best explanation I can give.

Does this happen to your lizard embossed too?? I'm wondering if I should return it for a full refund (sellers said ok). Other than that, it's a lovely bag. Don't you think??

Bal_Lizard_4.jpg

I think the bag is pretty, and I love the color. You do need to do what is right for you.

If the rubbed off bits are going to bother you, you should consider returning it for one that will make you happy.

The color is really beautiful! I also have a lizard embossed city in black and absolutely love it, but didn't have any trouble with the leather flaking. It doesn't seem that visible unless you're looking at it closely.

This is the first Cyrpress lizard embossed bag I've seen and I love it! I don't have a lizard embossed bag, so i can't say if that's normal. The ones I've seen IRL didn't have that problem and were very smooth it didn't seem to stick to it's self at all. But I will say that if it bugs you now it will most likely bug you down the line if you keep it. If you have a time frame in which you can return it I'd use that time to see if you can find another one just like it that doesn't have the flake off problem.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I went to the Bal store today and was told that the lizard bags are "stickier" becoz of the heat process the leather goes through when being embossed. She took out a castagna lizard first for me to see and yup, the tassels were kinda stuck to the bag. No flaking off though. So maybe mine was in storage for a long time???

I haven't decided what I'm going to do!

I have to B lizard bags and absolutely adore them. I did notice that on the brown one, but not my black first.

Thanks for sharing, pink macaron. I guess this happens with the embossed lizard bags. I'll have to be careful because... I decided to keep the bag! :biggrin: Can't let this one go because I can't find it anywhere else!

I have one in black! I really love it! I've had it since summer and have used it all fall and winter and never have noticed any type of issues especially flaking.

Joon, that color is beautiful!!!! I wish I had seen it before I bought black....hope you keep the bag! Enjoy!

I have the Black Lizard Embossed City and over the last few months, I've just noticed that the bottom edges seem to rub more easily than any of my other bags with the regular leather. Still no flaking on any of the other areas of the bags, though.