Lizard Birkins

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if Lizard Birkins appear in size 35cm? And if so I'm guessing it requires special order?

Also, what is the amount of care expected for Lizard? I've heard that scales can start peeling if not properly cared for. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction for finding the care guidelines for Lizz.

Merçi les filles (et garçons)!

I have heard that lizard is not available in larger sized bags, so I'm guessing that one might not even be able to do a SO for a 35 Birkin.

I have a non-Hermes black lizard clutch that I bought back in the early 1960's when I was in college. Of course, it does not get everyday wear, but it's as perfect today as it was the day I bought it. All I do is keep it in a dust bag in my closet. It does not get extreme heat/cold there.

i saw an enormous lizard travel birkin/hac in selfridges a few months ago (i'm sure it was bigger than 45cm but i'm not sure exactly how big) but it was a special issue for their 100th anniversary. i was really surprised to see such a big lizard bag, normally they only seem to come in 25cm these days. to order a 35cm i imagine you would have to be vvvip.

i saw an enormous lizard travel birkin/hac in selfridges a few months ago (i'm sure it was bigger than 45cm but i'm not sure exactly how big) but it was a special issue for their 100th anniversary. i was really surprised to see such a big lizard bag, normally they only seem to come in 25cm these days. to order a 35cm i imagine you would have to be vvvip.

:nuts: WOW, how big was that lizzy and what specie !?!

this is what i know and believe me i order the odd stuff as in the rare the huge bag is not lizard it is brazilian python that can easily be confused with lizard scale an exotic that hermes has not used well......... in the last hundred years that is why it was issued fro this ocassion the lizard itself comes in two types the salvatore wich is ususally given a color the ombre type is also given color but ombre is so perfect it is ususally kept all natural now i know that with time and big contacts you can spring for a 30cm birkin or a 28 cm kelly i also now that thius is not ususal and that the hermes lizard scales are not going to suffer at all if kept in trhe ususal conditions one keeps an hermes bags i also now that the 25cm can be mix match as well that is that you can order two tone or tricolors with lizard another great thing in this size is the fact that the lizard will not be streched out as much so the shape of the bag will be sublime perfection hope this helps and please if im wrong do correct H for ever!!!!!! BIRKEL

I know lizards in 30 require an SO.

For 35s, I'm not even sure that exists - this has nothing to do with whether or not you're a VVIP or a VVVVVVVIP, I think it's because the lizard itself is so small, it is not possible to even make anything above a 30 with it. I haven't heard of a lizard bigger than 30.

this is what i know and believe me i order the odd stuff as in the rare the huge bag is not lizard it is brazilian python that can easily be confused with lizard scale an exotic that hermes has not used well......... in the last hundred years that is why it was issued fro this ocassion the lizard itself comes in two types the salvatore wich is ususally given a color the ombre type is also given color but ombre is so perfect it is ususally kept all natural now i know that with time and big contacts you can spring for a 30cm birkin or a 28 cm kelly i also now that thius is not ususal and that the hermes lizard scales are not going to suffer at all if kept in trhe ususal conditions one keeps an hermes bags i also now that the 25cm can be mix match as well that is that you can order two tone or tricolors with lizard another great thing in this size is the fact that the lizard will not be streched out as much so the shape of the bag will be sublime perfection hope this helps and please if im wrong do correct H for ever!!!!!! BIRKEL

There must be a joint somewhere on the bag, no?

i am really curious about this bag. from my understanding, H typically uses the skin from the same animal. but for sure, a lizard cannot be so big, right? what color was it? nevertheless, if anyone has a pic, I would love to see it!

the last time i saw a travel size was one from Balenciaga FW 09 collection. it was gorgeous and compared to H prices, a steal! it appeared to be pieced together from three skins so perhaps that's what H did as well?

does this mean if we do a birkin 40 SO in any exotics, H will only accept ostrich or croc, but NO lizard?

Hermès is currently producing lizard only in 25cm or less. 30cm (extremely rare) only by inviation and even then with a very long wait. The skins are no longer big enough to produce any larger bags.

does this mean if we do a birkin 40 SO in any exotics, H will only accept ostrich or croc, but NO lizard?

Also very unlikely to have an ostrich order accepted past a 35 - even 35 Birds are by SO at the moment.