LIVE! with Kelly Ripa

Since her hissy fit with Michael. I can no longer watch. Regis and Kathy Lee was pure fluff but they were both professional at all times.
Kelly needs to realize how lucky she is....
Andy is angling for daytime but I think that he is under contract with NBC for now.
I would be disappointed in Cooper if he took that stupid job.

Reactions: randr21
Since her hissy fit with Michael. I can no longer watch. Regis and Kathy Lee was pure fluff but they were both professional at all times.
Kelly needs to realize how lucky she is....
Andy is angling for daytime but I think that he is under contract with NBC for now.
I would be disappointed in Cooper if he took that stupid job.
I agree about anderson cooper. it's one thing for him to have his news job and also do shows with andy. it's quite another for him to quite his job and sit next to kelly. I was annoyed with her at the way she acted about michael but I guess I'm over it. not that I go out of my way to watch her.

I agree about anderson cooper. it's one thing for him to have his news job and also do shows with andy. it's quite another for him to quite his job and sit next to kelly. I was annoyed with her at the way she acted about michael but I guess I'm over it. not that I go out of my way to watch her.
AC had a brief talk show on Fox. It tanked after a year.
It seems like he is really trying to move away from hard news. He had a full spread on Architectural Digest last month, had a documentary on HBO with his mom Gloria plus he also has a live comedy show with Andy
He still does 60 minutes.
When does the man sleep??
He also tried on for a full anchor desk a while back but it did not work out.
I totally agree with you that Kelly is not really qualified however she tested well when with Regis (he carried the show imo) and did well with Michael.
She needs a solid professional at her side.

well now, this is very interesting... Regis, IMO, has nothing to lie about.

Picture it this way: You’ve stayed in better contact with that guy from high school who you pretended not to know in the Whole Foods checkout line than Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa have since the glory days of “Live!”

The pair hosted the morning show together for more than a decade, but in a new interview with Larry King, Philbin reveals that their famous friendship didn’t survive his exit.

“She got very offended when I left. She thought I was leaving because of her,” Philbin said of Ripa. “I was leaving because I was getting older and that wasn’t right for me anymore.”

“She took it personal?” King asked.

“Yeah, I think so,” Philbin replied.

Philbin was conspicuously absent from Ripa’s 15th anniversary celebration in February 2016, which drew a host of famous faces to the studio in her honor. According to Philbin, the show has “never once” asked him to return since he left in 2011, even for a day of guest hosting. In fact, the veteran presenter revealed last year that he hasn’t seen or spoken with Ripa since.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...us_58a5a66de4b045cd34bf090b?ir=Entertainment&

well now, this is very interesting... Regis, IMO, has nothing to lie about.

Picture it this way: You’ve stayed in better contact with that guy from high school who you pretended not to know in the Whole Foods checkout line than Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa have since the glory days of “Live!”

The pair hosted the morning show together for more than a decade, but in a new interview with Larry King, Philbin reveals that their famous friendship didn’t survive his exit.

“She got very offended when I left. She thought I was leaving because of her,” Philbin said of Ripa. “I was leaving because I was getting older and that wasn’t right for me anymore.”

“She took it personal?” King asked.

“Yeah, I think so,” Philbin replied.

Philbin was conspicuously absent from Ripa’s 15th anniversary celebration in February 2016, which drew a host of famous faces to the studio in her honor. According to Philbin, the show has “never once” asked him to return since he left in 2011, even for a day of guest hosting. In fact, the veteran presenter revealed last year that he hasn’t seen or spoken with Ripa since.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...us_58a5a66de4b045cd34bf090b?ir=Entertainment&
This (esp in combination with the Strahan thing) does not make Kelly look good. She's become very rich on a show she started with Regis. He's old. She should be more gracious IMO.

Yeah, but phones work both ways. He could have reached out to her as well. He always acted like the show revolved around him, I'm sure Kelly was more than happy to prove him wrong. But like I said, he could have contacted her too. Why would Regis all of a sudden want to stir the pot?

Reactions: junqueprincess
Yeah, but phones work both ways. He could have reached out to her as well. He always acted like the show revolved around him, I'm sure Kelly was more than happy to prove him wrong. But like I said, he could have contacted her too. Why would Regis all of a sudden want to stir the pot?
maybe so.....maybe they were never personal friends and therefore she didn't reach out to him socially. but what about the anniversary show? I'm not a fan of Regis but seems a bit of respect was due

I agree it's strange that no one from the show reached out to him to say anything about her anniversary. Perhaps it's well known they weren't personal friends and they wanted to keep it to those who wanted to wish her well that meant it.

I agree it's strange that no one from the show reached out to him to say anything about her anniversary. Perhaps it's well known they weren't personal friends and they wanted to keep it to those who wanted to wish her well that meant it.
maybe so
she comes off as a genuine person with a real family life but this all makes me think she has a nasty side or her ego has gotten out of control

Reactions: uhpharm01 and TC1
Can't remember where I saw this story, maybe Extra with Mario Lopez, but they showed footage of Regis at the show for Halloween 2015 and interacting very warmly with Kelly backstage. It seems like Regis is misremembering some things.