Little White Dress Help!

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
With this white mini (keeping in mind that it is too cold for bare legs), would you wear a nude hose...? A barely-black hose? Black tights?
I was going to wear black suede wedge pumps and now I am thinking a small black flat might work well.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-06 at 5.10.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-06 at 5.10.06 PM.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 762
The black flats would be comfortable but black suede pumps would be gorgeous! Definitely go with black, or close to back tights. Nude would work too, I just think black looks nicer with any white dress.

The dress is really cute, who is it by?

The black flats would be comfortable but black suede pumps would be gorgeous! Definitely go with black, or close to back tights. Nude would work too, I just think black looks nicer with any white dress.

The dress is really cute, who is it by?

But wait! What about the black showing through the white dress?????
I mean, it's lined but.....
I saw some cute pictures online of models wearing little white mini dresses with black tights and black shoes...looked really cute. So afraid my arms will freeze though.

It's by a brand called 'Michelle'.....

With this white mini (keeping in mind that it is too cold for bare legs), would you wear a nude hose...? A barely-black hose? Black tights?
I was going to wear black suede wedge pumps and now I am thinking a small black flat might work well.
Thoughts?

Black opaque tights! If you want to be dressier and feel vampy then wear the heels. If you want to be a little more sensible then wear the flats. Both would work well. Wear a cute black cardigan that you can take on and off whenever.

If the tights can bee seen through dress then wear a thin-strapped black cami underneath so then it'll be a seamless look.

Opaque black tights and black flats would be really cute. Very mod!

If color is an option,you could also consider wearing marigold colored tights with red patent flats. I think that would be gorgeous!

Short cardie would definitely go well. GL. You can't really go wrong because that dress is tdf

Yeah I think if you go with opaque black tights, you should be fine. I really doubt it will show through. I think you need a shorter cardigan. If you are going just for black and white, get a black cardigan. But I think some other colors would look great as well.

You should go shopping with the dress and see what looks best.

Yeah, that's much too long. It's swallowing up your adorable dress.

Do you have anything more along the lines of this?
http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/sweaters/cardigans/PRDOVR~24712/24712.jsp

Actually, no! All my things are super Anthro, flowy, etc., so I should probably get like a shorter more 'square' look like this. And yes, actually it's a black and white affair -- a color would be super (which I can always do later) but I like the idea of a black leg and I have some cute black suede wedge pumps to go with it.

Definitely not black flats - that dress is much too glam!

I would wear black opaque tights and high black heels. The wedges might work, it depends on the wedges if they are delicate enough, but black heels always win (even if they are sandals or more edgy that's fine). As for colour showing through, wear a nude slip to prevent this.

You can keep the top half super pretty - pretty cuff on your arm and fabulous big earrings. Think Chanel or Valentino. Keep the coverup pretty and fitted, like a little blazer (black or white or any colour really). If you dont have one, buy a really cheap one for $20. Blazers are one of the few items of clothing that look great even at the lower price range because they are always so sharp and expensive looking.

Alternatively, if it's an indoor event, nude hose could be great.

Last edited:
Definitely not black flats - that dress is much too glam!

I would wear black opaque tights and high black heels. The wedges might work, it depends on the wedges if they are delicate enough, but black heels always win (even if they are sandals or more edgy that's fine). As for colour showing through, wear a nude slip to prevent this.

You can keep the top half super pretty - pretty cuff on your arm and fabulous big earrings. Think Chanel or Valentino. Keep the coverup pretty and fitted, like a little blazer (black or white or any colour really). If you dont have one, buy a really cheap one for $20. Blazers are one of the few items of clothing that look great even at the lower price range because they are always so sharp and expensive looking.

Alternatively, if it's an indoor event, nude hose could be great.

What about these wedges?

Yes, I thought white too but when I did a white next to it, it looked so drab. There is something about this white -- it's whiter than white -- it almost glistens!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-07 at 8.16.25 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-07 at 8.16.25 AM.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 123
By the way now that I look at the picture with the cardigan I can see how white the dress is. Definitely do not wear that cardigan. You need something fitted and super sharp to balance the romanticism of the dress. Even a fitted knee length coat will work if you're taking it off when you get there

They are cute! Is the toe almond shaped? Perfect with black opaques!

I just tried the dress on with the opague tights and those wedges and it rocks!!! So pleased. So yes, the top. Definitely definitely black. And I think clean, simple and to-the-point. Like the jcrew one posted here, no?

So glad the shoes work! I worry that the J Crew one doesn;t have enough structure - I think the pattern of the dress will show through and it might look bulky - is the flower detail on the back too? A blazer would be strong enough to hold its shape. I'm picturing a tiny one with the sleeves rolled up, Olivia Palermo style.