Little Vent about Let-Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mishap had nothing to do with eBay. When they said someone else had bought the bag I thought they meant eBay as I believe on their website, it is supposed to move the item to 'Sold' automatically now - it used to be manual. So what they were saying basically is that their website is flawed, still. There is nothing 'human' about this mistake either, it's purely how their website is NOT programmed to take care of purchases the right way.

Also their policy is 'first pay first get' so I would not trust the whole emailing back and forth thing. While you are emailing them someone else can buy the item online.

on their FAQ page, it says that if the buyer doesn't wait for some automated page after payment (ie, closing window right away, clicking something else such as log out, etc) then the item doesn't get removed from the web page. I believe this has happened many times to other people, and that's probably what the buyer who got the bag did--didn't wait for the page to load and just closed the window or something.

Unfortunately, it takes a LOT of work to make a perfectly functioning web page that will satisfy customers. That is a tricky thing about buying online. You should probably consider that this web site is NOT programmed by a professional, probably simply by a staff member (or else the site would looke more like amazon.com or something like that, probably). Also, let-trade is just a tiny tiny business with an office in Hong Kong. It's not a major chain like (again) amazon.com, where they have tons of staff members and probably lots of programmers to maintain the web site, etc.

Being an engineering student who has taken programming courses to create consumer programs, I can honestly say that it takes a LOT of work to create a program that takes care of purchases AND integrate it onto a web page.

For me, they followed their first come first serve policy.
Perhaps the other person who "bought" the bag that I now own went through the same thing you went through.

I paid a deposit of $100 US the day after it was listed. When I paid the deposit, the item was still on the 'available' page. I didn't get a response until AFTER I found out that the item was gone from the available page, meaning someone did a buy now on the web site. I emailed them, panicking that the bag wasn't mine, however, they still honoured the deposit and said that since I paid the deposit first, the bag was still mine, not the person who purchased the bag off the site.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and sorry that you had a disappointing experience. I think a lot of people here have in fact gone through what you went through and hopefully it won't happen to you again. For me, I know that next time if i'm worried, I'd call them right away (considering what time it is in Hong Kong) so that i can work things out immediately.

Which would then mean Human error, there is a human that has to make the program to do this..
In any event you got your money back, mistakes happen..
Perhaps you can ask him if they have another bag or can locate you one.

Good luck!
The mishap had nothing to do with eBay. When they said someone else had bought the bag I thought they meant eBay as I believe on their website, it is supposed to move the item to 'Sold' automatically now - it used to be manual. So what they were saying basically is that their website is flawed, still. There is nothing 'human' about this mistake either, it's purely how their website is NOT programmed to take care of purchases the right way.

Also their policy is 'first pay first get' so I would not trust the whole emailing back and forth thing. While you are emailing them someone else can buy the item online.

Just something I noticed. I had purchased from Let Trade via the Let Trade site about 5 months ago and at that time Let Trade wasn't listing stuff on ebay. I noticed, recently (like the past 3 weeks) that tons of their stuff is on ebay too. When you mentioned the 7 hour time difference, I am thinking of their time zone and ours and am wondering if that caused the snafu along with stuff being listed in both places.

Awww :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear that. Think on the bright side, that you didn't have to get frustrated on money issues.

I do agree that their website design is poor. Half of the times the "frames" don't work properly on my browser (firefox). I've heard that other people can't access their site over the last few days. I don't know, I can access it everyday. Maybe you guys can try to ping it and do a tracert and see where it loses connection?

I suppose after you bought the bag, it was already listed on ebay, where someone bought it 7 hours later. And they decided to send the bag to the ebay person the next day in order to not risk a neg?

I am overall confused, you bought if off the website and paid right away then hours later they tell you it was already sold? I would die!

I THINK that's what the OP is saying.

It's pretty possible though. Let's say someone in her time zone bought the bag a couple hours before the OP paid. The buyer didn't wait for the page to load and closed the browser, and so the listing wasn't removed. We'll say that this is uhhh Mountain Time 12 PM in the afternoon which makes it 2 AM in Hong Kong.

The OP sees the item and pays for the item, waits for the page to load and the item gets removed from the page.

Let-Trade staff wakes up 7 hours later to check email, 9 AM in the morning in Hong Kong. It is now 7 PM Mountain Time.

That's all our fault! Please forgive us. We already employ programmer who helping us to creat better system. However I just checked the record, they sold the item to ebay buyer. I noticed they recieved 3 payment for same item, but already refund 2 payment to buyer. I will check what happened and get back to you shortly.

For me, they followed their first come first serve policy.

I paid a deposit of $100 US the day after it was listed. When I paid the deposit, the item was still on the 'available' page. I didn't get a response until AFTER I found out that the item was gone from the available page, meaning someone did a buy now on the web site. ...

For me, I know that next time if i'm worried, I'd call them right away (considering what time it is in Hong Kong) so that i can work things out immediately.

I am confused ... with what you did, the same thing could have happened to you. Ie. when you paid the deposit, someone else could have already paid for the item with 'full price' and the item would still be 'available' so you went ahead and paid the $100 deposit, and you still would not have gotten the bag ...???

I am not going to argue whether this was a human error or not. I didn't deal with a person when I bought the item, it was their system. It would have been a human error if in the follow-up that happened that they didn't do a good job. They did. I want to make sure I emphasize this - they have been very professional and I am happy with the way they handled the situation afterwards. Just frustrated with how it happened in the first place.

I suppose after you bought the bag, it was already listed on ebay, where someone bought it 7 hours later. And they decided to send the bag to the ebay person the next day in order to not risk a neg?

I hope not and I don't think Let-trade would do that. They said the other person bought the bag from their website, just like I did, except they paid for it before I did and the item was not removed.

They will have to deal with the eBay seller too, and may receive a neg. feedback.

I just found out, they sold that item to ebay high bidder. We got 3 payment for same item ( 2 from website and one from ebay), but they finally sell this item to ebay buyer.
The story is someone ( the first buyer who request this purse) buy it now this Roxbury , she paid and request us post this item to ebay auction for her to bid. When we set up the auction for her, however she is late to bid, someone buy it now b4 her. And our assistant thought the high bidder is our website winner too. They just shipped the item out. Our bad! We are not good enough. We learn from this lesson and we will doing more better in coming future. I am so sorry for our mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.