Little Red is comming to my house next week ...

I thought NM ordered jumbo lambskin red bags with new chain because that was what they showed at Short hill trunck show. I was interested in getting a medium sized one but I was informed that they did not ordered medim/large medium red flap bags. As far as I know only BG and Nordstrom ordered red medium red bags. I also believe that Nordstrom will charge $1,850 for the medium bag with new chain. Is not the price on Nordstrom lookbook, Act II? How about Saks? Did they ordered any red flap bag? When I talked to Rosemary, SA at Saks, NYC I got the impressioned that they did not ordered any. I did not see any red flap bags in their lookbook.

Y01588

I called the Nordstrom in Seattle and in Minnesota. They only ordered the red in lambskin in medium. Nordstrom Seattle ordered 3. Not sure how many Mall of America Nordstrom ordered but they told me the waitlist was full.

I was hoping for a red lambskin in the Jumbo size, but I can't find any stores that ordered the red lambskin in Jumbo.

The Chanel Boutiques, Saks 5th Avenue, and Neiman Marcus ordered the Jumbo in Caviar only. :yes:

Smoothorpter, thank you for the information! You are really good.

In summary,
we have a RED flap with new chain from this spring/summer 2007 collection:

Color code: 81643

1) Lambskin, medium/large, A35190 Y01480
- BG, Nordstrom ($1,850)

2) Lambskin, jumbo, A35192 Y01480
- None (supposedly $1,950 according to the BG lookbook. But BG did not ordered a red lambskin jumbo bag though)

3) Caviar, medium, A35190 Y01588 (?)

- where?

4) Caviar, jumbo, A35192 Y01588

- Chanel boutiques (also ordered red east/west bags in caviar), NM, Saks ($2,250)

Is my summarization correct? It is really crazy that we have not come across any SA who has a full picture of this red bag order situation. They only know what their stores ordered at most. I really wish Chanel issues a seasonal catalogue covering its whole collection.

^^Yes, very good.

I'm sure that Neiman Marcus also ordered the red jumbo in Caviar. Not sure about other sizes, but I'm sure they did not order lambskin in any size because I asked about it at the trunk show in February.

^^ i think it may have something to do with the new chain. it doesn't have the interwoven leather like the original classic flaps, so it probably requires less work on the bag

^^ i think it may have something to do with the new chain. it doesn't have the interwoven leather like the original classic flaps, so it probably requires less work on the bag

That's not it though, the caviar also comes with the new chain and it's more expensive.:shrugs:

I think it's a total glitch in the system and it may not last long so anyone who can get them at the lower prices should snatch them right up.:yes:

I got the red medium bag today. It is dark red, not bright red which is shown on some pictures. Deep red, more likely bloody red with blue tone. The chain is light which for me feels a little strange. I'd love to post pictures but I am very digital camera challenged. Actually, I got two chanel bags today - a red retro bag in small size with a long chain and a red classical flap bag. I prefer the bright red color on the retro bag. I am in love with the retro bag more than with the classical flap bag. Since the retro bag has a long chain like mini flap I found it very versatile. I can use it as a clutch, a cross bag, and a shoulder bag. Very retro but very modern at the same time.