little icy stam ... i know you're bored but please help!

mjlover1977

happy
O.G.
Nov 19, 2007
i know you have seen many many 'eeek! my kisslock is loose' threads but im actually worried one part might snap off!

I just (today!) recieved my Icy little stam and noticed how loose the kisslock was. :wtf:

To the point where you didnt even have to use any pressure - just a feather touch and it was open .. So i did the whole 'twisting' method and that def helped but when i looked closer i noticed that the kisslock part with the Marc Jacobs is actually broken or something ... im not sure what to do! Could i use some sort of super glue to bond it or just use it gently ... i guess the issue is, what if it breaks off the full way ... then its completely unusable!:wtf:

Sob.
:crybaby:
What do i do? im in australia so any 'just send it to mj' doesnt work for me ... we have no MJ stores.

help gals ... help :shame::crybaby::crybaby:

ps - i knew going into this sale that i could end up with a loose lock, i just didnt expect it to be a bit broken ... but im sure some super MJ gal will help, right?

E-Mail MJ repairs--when they send it to MJ, I don't think they mean to a boutique. I had to send my bag to NJ for evaluation. I don't think any boutiques are qualified to do repairs. Hope that helps a wee bit! Feel better! :hugs:

ETA: If sending it to MJ repairs is just out of the question, I think there's special glue you could buy for that kind of metal, unless you think super glue is the best option. Although, I don't think it would hold up too well in any case, especially with that being kidn of a major pressure point for the bag. I'm not sure it could get any worse, though!

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about your problem. I for myself love my little stam and can understand every bit of your pain! :hugs: Hug for you!

Can you post a pic of that defect, so that we get a better picture of what is broken?

I would definitely contact MJ repairs -- even tho they usually only guarantee their bags for 18 mos, more than one PFer have had their 2005 stam repaired just recently -- I think they are familiar with the kisslock problems and maybe that's why they're more willing to fix them.

I have the same Baby Stam that you so & even tho the kisslock is loose, the only time it pops open is if I put too much stuff inside -- but it sounds like yours is more than just a loose fastening problem -- if MJ repairs can't do anything about it, see if you can find a local cobler -- I've heard that many of them do excellent repairs on handbags and maybe they could fix this for you -- I don't think it's "beyond repair" but it might take a little time and research to find the right person to do the job

thanks gals - ill email them and see what they say ... i guess it hard being in australia and having to send it back to the US! ill use it today and see how she goes. many thanks.

x

MJ, we have a store here (am also outside US) and they just told me to email repairs and I would then have to send my bag to Italy for repairs. Good luck :smile:

thanks beany ... so that would take a long time, right? i wore it today and it was fine ... i guess i just dont want that bit of the turnlock (there's 2 'bits' to it ...) with the marc jacobs on it doesnt snap off.