Little girl found in the park. Needs good home!

Conni618

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Found this little pup in the park yesterday. Bruce walked her all around the park and she was anxious to play with every kid she saw, but no one claimed her. Several of the children said she'd been at the park by herself with no owner around. Checking her teeth, I'm guessing her to be about a year old (they are white, but not puppy teeth). She's about five pounds. So far she's ignoring the cats and getting along okay with the other dogs. Very sweet, lots of kisses and obviously knows humans are the source of comfort and safety. We'll post found flyers and maybe someone will call. It has, unfortunately, not been my experience to find lost owners in this neighborhood. We are so hoping to find a loving home for her, she is sweet, smart and anxious to please. Thank you so much for anything you can do to help find her a safe place to land.

Please ask questions here, or PM me if you have an inclination to take her into your life. She is small enough that she'd transport easily. Thank you! :heart:

pupinpark.jpg

OMG she is the most precious thing! She looks to be in really good condition. She can't have been on her own for very long I wouldn't think. Maybe check craig's List for lost doggies. Or have a vet check for a microchip.

mustresistmustresistmustresist

OMG she is the most precious thing! She looks to be in really good condition. She can't have been on her own for very long I wouldn't think. Maybe check craig's List for lost doggies. Or have a vet check for a microchip.

Thanks so much for thinking about her. We've checked local shelters, and have her up on Pet Finders.. been checking the paper, and of course flyers at park and surrounding neighborhood.

Haven't been to the vet yet, but that is a good idea, just on the off chance.. No collar. She seems to be in very good shape, the children at the park had been tossing her picnic goodies, so that might explain why she wasn't hungry. Say a little prayer! :hugs:

I would love to try a doggie in the fam, but the rules say only 2 pets and I have 6 cats already (the 2 black cats and the two calicos are easily explained as only one of each---LOL.). She is the perfect size and sooooooooo adorable.

I would love to try a doggie in the fam, but the rules say only 2 pets and I have 6 cats already (the 2 black cats and the two calicos are easily explained as only one of each---LOL.). She is the perfect size and sooooooooo adorable.

You are so sweet! She's at my sister's for now. She's going to check to see if she is spayed tomorrow, and should be able to do a scan then. I love the duplicate doppleganger plan at your house. :graucho: Puppy is not afraid of the cats, and she is actually smaller than most cats. My sister and I both have too many animals too, and this is how it happened. :sad:

She is so adorable! You shouldn't have any issues finding a home for her. But try to make sure she goes to a good home. Just not the first person that will take her.

She is so adorable! You shouldn't have any issues finding a home for her. But try to make sure she goes to a good home. Just not the first person that will take her.

Thank you so much for worrying about her. Yes, we are doing our best to be careful. Trying to work with our local good rescue, Concerned People for Animals, to try to find a foster home for her till she finds a "forever home."

The reason I put her story up here is that they, like many other Rescues, are overwhelmed with need, and very short on foster homes. Finding a good adoptive home for a full grown dog, even a young and sweet one is very, very difficult.. They may not be able to take her, even temporarily, and I and my sister both have a housefuls of animals, mostly old and needing special care.

There are so many loving girls and women who read here, I felt it was worth a try to get her story to them. Please say a prayer or two. :heart::heart:

Thank you so much for worrying about her. Yes, we are doing our best to be careful. Trying to work with our local good rescue, Concerned People for Animals, to try to find a foster home for her till she finds a "forever home."

The reason I put her story up here is that they, like many other Rescues, are overwhelmed with need, and very short on foster homes. Finding a good adoptive home for a full grown dog, even a young and sweet one is very, very difficult.. They may not be able to take her, even temporarily, and I and my sister both have a housefuls of animals, mostly old and needing special care.

There are so many loving girls and women who read here, I felt it was worth a try to get her story to them. Please say a prayer or two. :heart::heart:

Prayers being said. Ooh if she was in the UK now (and cat friendly, of course...).....bless you for helping. She is adorable.

Prayers being said. Ooh if she was in the UK now (and cat friendly, of course...).....bless you for helping. She is adorable.

Awwww. If you were the right home, believe me, we'd figure out a way to get her to you!! We have a friend who travels to the U.K., and pretty puppy is surrounded by cats at my sister's, and so far, just ignoring them. :hbeat:

I did read one of your notes on this forum, and you are doing so much good. The world is a better place with you in it. God bless! :hugs:

or close by?

Well not close...close..to Northern CA. We're in So Cal. just close as a plane flies! :P

We got her to a vet today. No chip... not surprised, no collar either. She's young enough that she would not have been spayed yet, and there's no scar. Getting along with lots of creatures and humans. She learns quickly.

You're so kind to take her in. She's adorable. The good news is that it's easier to find a home for a small dog. GL in finding a good on for her.

Continued checking for signs and hoping maybe owners were out of town over the long weekend. Sadly, the park she was found in, is often used to dump dogs and cats. Its very sad, but there it is.

I will never understand this, even if I live to be 100.