Litter Kwitter

oggers86

Dec 7, 2008
Anyone tried it with their kitties? We are probably going to try it out with our 2 as it seems like a better idea than cat litter which currently ends up all over the house.

They have already shown the ability to balance on the toilet seat so it shouldnt be an issue.

Its suprising how people have negative reactions to it, claiming its unhygienic, cat paws on your toilet (they climb all over it anyway) what if they miss or you have cat wee or poo stuck to the toilet. I figure it cant be any worse than your average man, the toilet is meant for human waste consumption, we dont eat off it so what difference does it make? Cat paws vs human bottoms...same difference :P

The intention was to train them to go outside but actually it doesnt really make a difference because there will be no litter anyway, only difference is I have to flush it away.

I might get some wipes for the people who come to stay incase they get a bit weirded out!

Not sure when the training will commence, how it will go or anything but I will report back on the progress within this thread when its started :biggrin:

I'm actually interested to hear how this turns out. My cat constantly drinks out of the toilet and sits on the seat. We are always talking about toilet training him but have never gotten around to it.

I have a friend who has trained her cat to pee in the toilet but I am pretty sure I do not agree with her methods of training. Do you have a specific plan yet or are you still in the researching phases?

I have a friend who has trained her cat to pee in the toilet but I am pretty sure I do not agree with her methods of training. Do you have a specific plan yet or are you still in the researching phases?

There is apparantly a dvd which comes with the materials which tells you exactly what you need to do.

i know there's books about kitty toilet training...and i know someone did train his wife's cat..:lol:...i could tell he just wasn't interested in cleaning the litter box..

i know there's books about kitty toilet training...and i know someone did train his wife's cat..:lol:...i could tell he just wasn't interested in cleaning the litter box..

Lol actually this was my bfs idea but I have to admit the thought of not having a litter covered house sounds very appealing!

There are a few videos of cats using the toilet bowl on youtube and it's really cute and funny..
I think cat paws are pretty clean as they lick their paws quite often and my Charlie sleeps on my pillow sometimes (not really hygienic I think, but he acts like a human with his head on the pillow) so the toilet seat is not much of a concern for me... What drives me nuts is the litter crystals
he leaves everywhere.. I sweep his area once or twice a day.
Charlie is desexed, and I think maybe his pee is more like a spray because the pee spot in his litter tray is always in a corner.. Does that make sense?
I was wondering if the toilet bowl training would work fine or would it result in one big mess.. Haha.. Has anyone had experience on this? I think litter kwitter is an awesome idea.. =)

There are a few videos of cats using the toilet bowl on youtube and it's really cute and funny..
I think cat paws are pretty clean as they lick their paws quite often and my Charlie sleeps on my pillow sometimes (not really hygienic I think, but he acts like a human with his head on the pillow) so the toilet seat is not much of a concern for me... What drives me nuts is the litter crystals
he leaves everywhere.. I sweep his area once or twice a day.
Charlie is desexed, and I think maybe his pee is more like a spray because the pee spot in his litter tray is always in a corner.. Does that make sense?
I was wondering if the toilet bowl training would work fine or would it result in one big mess.. Haha.. Has anyone had experience on this? I think litter kwitter is an awesome idea.. =)

Yup I feel exactly the same. For me if you can share your sofas/bed/cuddle a cat then why cant you share a toilet. Mine are both girls so they squat to wee but I did consider what would happen if they were boys, having heard from the bf that it is really difficult for a man to aim 100% :rolleyes:

I actually think I am going to purchase it online now, we have been talking about it for ages and might as well do it sooner than later.

Yup I feel exactly the same. For me if you can share your sofas/bed/cuddle a cat then why cant you share a toilet. Mine are both girls so they squat to wee but I did consider what would happen if they were boys, having heard from the bf that it is really difficult for a man to aim 100% :rolleyes:

I actually think I am going to purchase it online now, we have been talking about it for ages and might as well do it sooner than later.

My bf says that as well... Why don't they sit down instead. LOL!

Good luck with the Litter kwitter! :biggrin:

Litter kwitter arrived, we are on the red stage with the ring on the floor with litter so they get used to seeing it. Tomorrow we will see about taking the downstairs one away..im just a little wary as Elise has been weeing in other places but so far we have been clear for 48 hours and she has been using the tray consistently. Technically you arent supposed to have 2 trays whilst you are doing this but since previously we have had 2 and both had been used we think its ok and probably worth doing just for now.

I really hope this works but if not then I will have to look at another litter which doesnt track so much.

Today I have taken out the proper litter tray, they are used to the litter kwitter being in the bathroom and both have used it although not regularly. I had just finished clearing out the proper tray when a cat comes along and wees in it...thanks cat..its a shame I didnt see her getting in the tray or I could have taken her to the new one!! I took them both upstairs to show them the "new" litter so lets hope it works. I have all day tomorrow to supervise..

I really wish I had discovered something like that when our cats were younger. I think they are too old (oldest is 16 and that makes it hard to climb up and down stuff) now but if I ever get another cat I will seriously consider doing this!

I really wish I had discovered something like that when our cats were younger. I think they are too old (oldest is 16 and that makes it hard to climb up and down stuff) now but if I ever get another cat I will seriously consider doing this!

Elsa loves to climb on the toilet when its been flushed (or just climb on it anyway) and shes great at balancing so thats one concern out the window. I took the main tray away at 2ish, other than Elise weeing in an empty tray there has been no indication that either of them need to go to the toilet so I guess I just have to wait until they do.

At least with the litter being upstairs it wont track all over my lounge, we hoovered yesterday evening, by afternoon today the floor was covered again :tdown:

My mum is still horrified by the idea and wants to know how it will work when we are both out all day and their poo doesnt go straight into the water and gets stuck (sorry for the details :P) Its actually a valid question and a much better concern than her previous "cat paws on the seat" I told her we will see how it goes because without seeing it we wont know and promised I will get some disinfectant wipes for when she comes to stay :graucho:

Urgh parents, who would have them? ;)