Listed Chanel LE - Received Msg 'Selling Limitation' huh?

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Looking for happiness...
Okie, it indeed took me months to really bring myself to list some of my bags on ebay! I have not bought or sold for more than 2 months now...

Reading all the horror stories everyday just kills my courage and motivation to sell on ebay..However since I am on strict ban and one of my HG just popped up, I finally plunged the courage and listed my Chanel bag..

It went smooth until I had to revise the listing because I forgot to add some information about the bag..

However, I got this msg: "
Attention Seller:Thank you for choosing eBay.
In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited as to the listing of certain branded items. Please do not attempt to relist this item for 30 days.
Sellers who have built a long-standing and consistent positive history of selling such items may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you believe that you would qualify and would like eBay to review your limits, please email us at Customer Support.
We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you.
Click herefor a window with more information on eBay’s listing guidelines."

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Looking for happiness...
I dont get it!
I was already given how much fees I have to pay etc etc and even after receiving this msg when I tried to revised my listing, when I went back to my selling page, my item was still there!

Shouldn't it be removed?

I didn't get an email either saying that I got a selling limitation..

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Looking for happiness...
I am so tired and had it with this freaking ebay!
It is 1:58am in the morning now..Gotta go to work in 6 hours..
I stayed up all these time to do my listing and now I got this!

So gals, my qns is, if I got the selling limitation, shouldn't my listing be removed and not appear on my selling page and I get some kind of notification that because they limit my selling, the listing won't be up and shouldn't I get a refund too for the fees they charged me?

*UGH*

Mar 31, 2008
Yorkshire - England
This happened to me when I tried to re-list an LV bag that hadn't sold but not when I've done revisions.

If its still appearing it must be Ok but I think I read on here somewhere that every time you revise a listing its like you're listing a new bag so counts towards your limit whatever that is.

Hopefully someone will come along who has experienced the same thing.

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Looking for happiness...
This happened to me when I tried to re-list an LV bag that hadn't sold but not when I've done revisions.

If its still appearing it must be Ok but I think I read on here somewhere that every time you revise a listing its like you're listing a new bag so counts towards your limit whatever that is.

Hopefully someone will come along who has experienced the same thing.
Thank you!
That really sux!~I am so frustrated here..

The info I have forgotten to include in the first place is essential and I am really worried that because of this, there will doubt of the authenticity of my bag! :crybaby:

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Los Angeles California
If you have another ebay account, you can always send yourself a question re: the missing item and post your response publicly (ie. I will send photos...or here are the details) so any viewer can see it. Just a thought...

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Looking for happiness...
If you have another ebay account, you can always send yourself a question re: the missing item and post your response publicly (ie. I will send photos...or here are the details) so any viewer can see it. Just a thought...
Thank you!
I was thinking of that...

I was such a dopey I forgot it in a first place..

LouiseyPeasey

naff
O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Ihave2manybags is right - when you revise a listing, it counts toward your limit. You are allowed to have the one listing up, but I guess that's your max - so you can't revise it. It's stoooopid. I can't believe the system can't tell the difference between a new listing and an edit, so I'm curious to know what the rationale is.

alfiebach

O.G.
Feb 24, 2008
west wales uk
I am so tired and had it with this freaking ebay!
It is 1:58am in the morning now..Gotta go to work in 6 hours..
I stayed up all these time to do my listing and now I got this!

So gals, my qns is, if I got the selling limitation, shouldn't my listing be removed and not appear on my selling page and I get some kind of notification that because they limit my selling, the listing won't be up and shouldn't I get a refund too for the fees they charged me?

*UGH*
they seem to be limiting sellers that only sell a few bags now and again to 2 items, they dont send email, message appears when you list, also even when listed if you try revise they take that as a new listing???? why???
also even though the message comes up, they dont remove for some reason, i would not try to revise again. i would email them and explain, i fel your frustration but thats what is happening. i had 90 days i did not know about it, but they have reduced it to 30:cursing: hope i have been of some help good luck with the HG alfie x

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Looking for happiness...
make sure that the message is also in your ebay message center....
I am always vary of scams....
Menopausalmama, the message does not appear on my ebay msg center..Only when I press the button to submit my revision..

That is why I am just confused and frustrated whether it is a scam..

I am going to try the live chat again today in civilized time..

Last edited:

aki_sato

Stay Gold!
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Looking for happiness...
Ihave2manybags is right - when you revise a listing, it counts toward your limit. You are allowed to have the one listing up, but I guess that's your max - so you can't revise it. It's stoooopid. I can't believe the system can't tell the difference between a new listing and an edit, so I'm curious to know what the rationale is.
Thanks for the exp LP!

However, do you know if we are supposed to receive the notification email telling us of this restriction?