List all consignement websites you frequent?

tracy814

Jul 19, 2007
I only know of annsfabulousfinds and portero....any others online that have good and authentic stuff? I did a search but couldn't find a thread...thanks!

NYCBAGS

Meet me at Barneys!
Apr 17, 2008
NY, NY
I can second www.PORTERO.com, I just started internet shopping and love their selection.

Prices are high, but great bags. I just bought a Bottega Veneta Cabat Tote for almost $4000 (high price) but $1000 off retail for a limited edition, never-on-sale bag.

Cudaswifey

Jan 14, 2007
I can second www.PORTERO.com, I just started internet shopping and love their selection.

Prices are high, but great bags. I just bought a Bottega Veneta Cabat Tote for almost $4000 (high price) but $1000 off retail for a limited edition, never-on-sale bag.
wow... you paid $4000 for a bag on the internet?

lionlaw

Jul 13, 2007

Did the bag come as described? I have purchased two bags from Portero and both had damage that was not called in the listing. I won't buy from them again.

Jil's consignment is good and she has really good prices. I also like let-trade.

NYCBAGS

Meet me at Barneys!
Apr 17, 2008
NY, NY
wow... you paid $4000 for a bag on the internet?
Yes - I was too nervous to actually buy it on the internet so I called their customer service and quizzed them for like 20 mins.

I knew about them because I saw an ad for a Crocodile Birkin Bag in the NYTimes. My friend has bought about 3 bags from them and has been THRILLED with all three (almost new LV).

Anyway, I finally called them back and just said I would love the bag but don't want to do it over the internet so I did a phone-order, which they do. :tup:

NYCBAGS

Meet me at Barneys!
Apr 17, 2008
NY, NY
Did the bag come as described? I have purchased two bags from Portero and both had damage that was not called in the listing. I won't buy from them again.

Jil's consignment is good and she has really good prices. I also like let-trade.
Oh no! Did they give you your money back??? I quizzed customer care on that too, I said what if I get it and there is a big stain or something, they said they will give full money back, including shipping, if the bag is not as described and full money back (no shipping) for ANY reason within 30 days. That made me feel WAY more comfortable.

They do state condition "level" (I think they 4 or 5 "levels") and then they describe the condition in the description as well - was it worse than they described?

lionlaw

Jul 13, 2007
Oh no! Did they give you your money back??? I quizzed customer care on that too, I said what if I get it and there is a big stain or something, they said they will give full money back, including shipping, if the bag is not as described and full money back (no shipping) for ANY reason within 30 days. That made me feel WAY more comfortable.

They do state condition "level" (I think they 4 or 5 "levels") and then they describe the condition in the description as well - was it worse than they described?
Yes, the bag I bid on was called "pristine" and was described as "it looked like it had never been used," but there were scratches all over the leather, the handles had been strectched from use and the binding on one of the handles was actually split and ripped in the leather. The other bag had no wear called on the hardware, but the plate on the bag was scratched all to heck and was even pitted.

They gave me a full refund on the bag wiht the hardware problem. I am waiting to see what they do on the second one (they got it back two days ago). But I find the inaccuracy very frustrating.

kimberf

Loves the Lindy!
O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
California
Just an FYI-- I bought this bag in May from the Cabazon Coach outlet for $65...
http://annsfabulousfinds.com/shop/on_sale/sale_items/black_leather_hook_bag

and its listed for $202!? REALLY? just watch out...just because it is on a consignment website, does not mean its a good deal!! (but I'm sure that most of you already know that!)
Yep! You can definitely get some good deals now & then, but I'm surprised how much many of them charge for bags. I guess it makes sense -- they're keeping 30-40% and giving the rest to the bag's owner, so they want to make sure they both get a decent amount.