Lipstick Dilemma!

leap of faith

addicted to the H
Aug 9, 2007
Hello all,
I just wanted to ask all how do you actually keep your lipstick ON!!
I put on lipstick and in less than an hour its gone. I have tried every lipstick!
I have been told to put a little foundation or powder on my lips before the lipstick which would make it hold it, No Luck
and
I have also tried not putting lipstick but using lip liner all over instead, No Luck

Its not that I put lipstick everyday but I sure want it to hold when I at least want it too.

IMO the only lipsticks with staying power are the permanent ones like Revlon's Colorstay but they can be a pain to remove. Next best option is to get a lip stain.

Lip liner without lipstick = yuck look!

Ya but the permanent ones start drying up and feel/look extremely annoying (I have the MAC ones)
lol nooo not lip liner just lining the lips :P (I could imagine how that looks! yuk) but all over the lips, it really doesnt show that its lipliner but the only problem is that it doesnt stay either

everyone is different.

I have never had trouble keeping lipstick on.. in fact I still have lipstick on from 9am this morning.

You could try... the avon Perfect Wear. That stays on pretty good.

really? wow your lucky! I dont think I ever tried avon, so I'll try it!

Ive read somewhere that bigger lips cant keep lipstick on?! I dont know if I believe that but my sister who has smaller lips cant keep anything on too so :confused1:

I've heard to line lips, put the liner all over lips but then add the lipstick? Not sure if it works as I never tried it. I just reapply throughout the day. There's tons of stay on brands though. I've heard estee lauder makes a good one?

I wear Revlon Colorstay with a matching lipstick over the top. Yes, by itself it can be dry, but with the lipstick over it it feels like regular lipstick. Unfortunately the lipstick doesn't stay on any better than normal, but my lips still appear to be the same color when the lipstick wears off and I just reapply the lipstick. Gloss can accomplish the same thing, although I've never found a gloss that isn't sticky and doesn't come off even faster than lipstick!

I have come to terms with the fact that I have to reapply every hour or so. I actually don't find it annoying at all, though. I think it looks kinda sexy :graucho:

I'll be trying all the suggestions, thaanx all!

I've tried almost everything in Sephora, recently I got a lip filler which is an anti-feathering pencil from Too Faced (its supposed to fill in the lines of your lips so that the lipstick wouldn't erase easily), but honestly I dont think it makes a difference. I also have something from benefits called She Laq which your supposed to put over your make up as a "makeup sealer" which is pretty good.

Have you tried Too Faced Lip Luxury line? These lipsticks have intense colors with staying power although they wear down a little at a time.

Put on a lip primer. MAC makes one.

Then line your lips and fill in the entire top and bottom lip with pencil.

Follow with a coat of lipstick.

Take a one ply tissue and place it over your lips. Dust with loose powder and press lightly so the powder adheres.

Then apply a coat of gloss or another coat of lipstick.

Hope that helps!

Lipstick stays on me:yes:
I always use a Lip pencil and a Lip Liner.
Oh and i am in luv with MAC Cosmetics.. they are just perfect :tup:

btw..i luv the new Mac Lipstick ..So Scarlet.

Last edited:
You also might want to try a stain underneath the lipstick, so that when it fades it isn't that evident.

I think the biggest reason lipsticks stay longer on some women is that they don't smack their lips a lot. If you are a lip smacker (while eating or talking) or a gum chewer, lip products disappear a lot faster than normal.