Liposuction

Hi ladies, I'm back with questions about another cosmetic procedure!

It seems like having a tummy tuck is not an option if I want to have more children in the future so I decided to look at liposuction.

I'm planning to book a consultation next week but since I don't know anything about all this I am just not sure what to expect. My BMI is around 26 and honestly the rest of my body looks fine there's just this persistent fat on my tummy that won't go away no matter what. I've been very consistent with my exercise and have gained quite a bit of muscle weight, started six weeks after the birth of my son (who will be 2 in a few months) and I still look pregnant. Actually, many people often ask if I'm pregnant and it's just so uncomfortable to say erm no it's just a belly. My family has a genetic disposition to mostly growing a belly while the rest of our bodies look pretty normal. My diet isn't perfect but it's not completely horrible and I've gone through periods of eating really well and not seeing any results, feeling like crap and giving up on the extremely healthy food and eating stuff that are less healthy. I was athletic and slim until my first pregnancy and even lost the weight after my first baby and my belly was in much better shape. But now after my second I'm stuck with constantly looking pregnant...

Anyway! Sorry about the essay but I just felt like I needed to vent. What kind of questions should I be asking? I'm going to be writing them down since I know for sure once I'm in that Dr's office i"m going to forget. And what sort of things should I be looking out for in terms of the surgeon's credentials? Recovery time and cost come to mind as questions (but I do have a good idea about the cost) and how soon I could start working out again (working out makes me happy). What else should I ask?

Prettyn

Dec 9, 2013
Hi ladies, I'm back with questions about another cosmetic procedure!

It seems like having a tummy tuck is not an option if I want to have more children in the future so I decided to look at liposuction.

I'm planning to book a consultation next week but since I don't know anything about all this I am just not sure what to expect. My BMI is around 26 and honestly the rest of my body looks fine there's just this persistent fat on my tummy that won't go away no matter what. I've been very consistent with my exercise and have gained quite a bit of muscle weight, started six weeks after the birth of my son (who will be 2 in a few months) and I still look pregnant. Actually, many people often ask if I'm pregnant and it's just so uncomfortable to say erm no it's just a belly. My family has a genetic disposition to mostly growing a belly while the rest of our bodies look pretty normal. My diet isn't perfect but it's not completely horrible and I've gone through periods of eating really well and not seeing any results, feeling like crap and giving up on the extremely healthy food and eating stuff that are less healthy. I was athletic and slim until my first pregnancy and even lost the weight after my first baby and my belly was in much better shape. But now after my second I'm stuck with constantly looking pregnant...

Anyway! Sorry about the essay but I just felt like I needed to vent. What kind of questions should I be asking? I'm going to be writing them down since I know for sure once I'm in that Dr's office i"m going to forget. And what sort of things should I be looking out for in terms of the surgeon's credentials? Recovery time and cost come to mind as questions (but I do have a good idea about the cost) and how soon I could start working out again (working out makes me happy). What else should I ask?
You could go on the the site called " real self" , they have reviews of doctors and other people asking questions on that site. I found this site was very informative .

Reactions: Perplexed

Sugarlove12

Mar 23, 2017
There is a magazine called New Beauty that has loads of articles on different procedures, if I am not mistaken they also include questions to ask your surgeon.

Heave you tried giving up on meat and dairy? I know that this sounds extreme, but I know many women that have benefited from radically changing their diet, the average weight loss when transitioning to this type of diet is 8 to 10 lbs, belly fat included!