Lip Treatments

LVuittonLover

Her Royal Flyness
O.G.
Oct 28, 2006
MD
I'm beginning to notice that the outer ring of my lips (where you apply lip liner) is rough and isn't as smooth as the rest of my lips. Is there a lip treatment I can use to correct this? :wondering

VPT

i ♥ blood oranges
May 16, 2008
on Facebook 24/7
I use a lip exfoliator (any brand) and thentreat it with Burts Bees original lip balm which seals and heals.

illinirdhd

O.G.
Dec 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I love Smashbox's lip scrub. I don't remember what it's called, but it's a sugar scrub with peppermint oil. Tastes great & leaves my lips really soft! I wish they would make one without the sugar in it that I could just use as a gloss!

LVuittonLover

Her Royal Flyness
O.G.
Oct 28, 2006
MD
Wow, I didn't know there was such as thing as lip scrub. Thanks ladies, I'm going to make a trip to Sephora to pick up something. :smile:

lionlaw

Jul 13, 2007
I bough the peter thomas roth lip trio ($60)- crazy price and can tell you that you can make the lip scrub yourself at home. Just take sugar and then mix with grapeseed and lemon oil. Not exact but I bet it would work the same.

VPT

i ♥ blood oranges
May 16, 2008
on Facebook 24/7
Oops I forgot to mention the brand. Most often I use Body Shop's Lip Scuff, when they're out I use another brand. There's no mess because it's in a lipstick form. Just rub stick onto lips and wipe off or rinse.

i_wona

like two plums
O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
Australia
I don't think you should scrub until your lips are healed up as this may inflame the dryness and make it a bit raw and rashy... try a medicated lip balm, or Burt's Bees (as VPT suggested) and stop using whatever lip product you're using at the mo.

If your lips are just rough and flaky (is there new skin under the roughness? if not, then then heal em up first!) then any of the lip scrubs recommended above should do the trick. I sometimes use an ultra soft baby toothbrush and brush my lips very gently in the shower with a bit of sorbolene (unscented) cream on it, then moisturise with a dollop of cream afterward then apply the lip balm. Sounds like a real process, but it works a treat!

Laria

Jul 22, 2006
There are three that I really like. There is Boots No.7 Deeply Moisturizing lipcare. By Terry has this rose lip balm, it comes in a solid form and kind of a glide on lip gloss. Then there is La Prairie's Cellular lip repair concentrate.

chelsssea

Dec 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
I've never used a treatment, but sugar mixed in with any kind of oil or even water is great. Also, an old toothbrush gently across your lips. I also always make sure to have a very moisturizing balm on my lips before I go to sleep (actually, usually on 24/7).