Lip Service: Lancome Does Louboutin

karwood

shoeuphoria
Feb 25, 2008
Chicago
Lip Service: Lancome Does Louboutin

Written by couturecult on Aug-22-08 12:52am From: www.couturecult.com

There are few things sexier than the flash of red that comes from the underbelly of a Christian Louboutin sole. Aaron de Mey, Lancôme’s new artistic director for makeup, has brought that perfect shade from Louboutin's mind to our lips. Coming in November, this limited edition color (they are only making 500 of them), which is part of a set, will be available exclusively at the Bloomingdale’s 59th Street location, lancome-usa.com and the five Lancôme boutiques.

The waiting list at Bloomingdale’s 59th Street has just opened. You can call 212-705-2886 to add your name to the list.

sdesaye

Mar 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The idea is cool, but many companies make red lipstick. Is this just a gimmick to start a feeding frenzy. I'm really suspicious with only 500 made.

karwood

shoeuphoria
Feb 25, 2008
Chicago
^^^^ That is exactly what I thought.

Yeah, if they made a nail polish of the exact red of CL shoes, I would seriously consider buying it. Although, I think the polish I have been wearing is almost 'exact" to the red of CL soles

sdesaye

Mar 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'm glad you said that. I thought maybe I was just a tad flippant and mean. It wasn't my intent at all. But 500 only? Very suspect.

Isn't OPI "Red" a good match? I know "I'm not really a waitress" matches LV's Pomme D'Amour.

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
nail polish! that would be super cute. esp on solid color loubs, like all black prives. oh yesss...

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
^^there are SO many OPI versions of red out there that one of them has to be almost identical to CL bottoms. Ditto for the lipstick. Totally a gimmick, I'm with you ladies!!

techie81

No more shopping!!!!
Jul 8, 2008
SW
Way too gimmicky. If they were regular price, neat idea, but if they're limiting it to 500, I don't want to know the markup.

jh4200

You can call me Jenn
Feb 11, 2008
Totally agree that it's a gimmick. As far as nail polish, OPI "Thrill of Brazil" is identical to the soles. I painted a tiny spot of it on one of my shoes, and it was dead on.