Lip Balm Anyone?

Valeriee

O.G.
Jul 6, 2011
Has anyone used the Kiehl's Baby Lip Balm before? I heard that their lip balms are very good; however, all the ones for adults come in a tub where you have to first put the product on your finger and then apply to the lips. Since I want lip balm in stick format, the SA recommended the baby one. She said that a lot of adults purchase it for themselves. Has anyone tried it? Is it moisturizing enough?

What about the L'Occitane Moisturizing Lip Balm? Any opinions on this one?

I have not used the Kiehl's baby balm, but I am a *huge* fan of their No. 1 lip balm. They do make it in a squeeze tube! That might work better for you. A fairly similar formula is Rosebud Salve, which also comes in a squeeze tube with applicator.

I have not used the Kiehl's baby balm, but I am a *huge* fan of their No. 1 lip balm. They do make it in a squeeze tube! That might work better for you. A fairly similar formula is Rosebud Salve, which also comes in a squeeze tube with applicator.
Thanks for the reply! Does the squeeze bottle allow you to put the product directly on your lips, or do you still have to apply it with your finger? Can you keep their lip balms in your purse during the summer and not encounter any melting?

I haven't had any problems with melting and since they're in a tube & not a stick, they seem to do fine. The Rose salve is shaped like an applicator, so you don't need a finger. I'm not sure about the Kiehl's tube. You could probably apply it directly to lips - it's just a tube with a small hole on the end. I don't see any reason you couldn't do it without using your finger.

I'm going to try out a couple of different lip balms between now and the winter and hopefully find something that will suit me. Yesterday, I picked up the Aveda Lip Saver, which was available from a salon nearby. I tested it out and it's an excellent product. I will also pick up the L'Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm and one of the Kiehl's ones. If I find the Rosebud Salve in tube form (it seems to only be available in pan form around here), I will also give it a try.

I'm going to try out a couple of different lip balms between now and the winter and hopefully find something that will suit me. Yesterday, I picked up the Aveda Lip Saver, which was available from a salon nearby. I tested it out and it's an excellent product. I will also pick up the L'Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm and one of the Kiehl's ones. If I find the Rosebud Salve in tube form (it seems to only be available in pan form around here), I will also give it a try.

If you have a Sephora nearby I've seen the tube form in the Beauty to Go section.

If you have a Sephora nearby I've seen the tube form in the Beauty to Go section.
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually phoned my local Sephora and received confirmation that they do indeed carry the Rosebud Salve in tube form at my location. I asked my mom to pick it up for me because the store is on her way from work but when she got there, they had three new sales representatives on the floor simultaneously who had no idea what she was asking for, and she ended up coming home empty-handed. That's with having all the details of the product meticulously written down on paper, which she showed to the SAs. Customer service these days is just awful. I called the store prior to closing and received confirmation from the manager that they do indeed have it in stock. She put some of the flavors on hold for me until the end of the week to compensate for the poor service my mother received. I am considering getting either the original Rosebud Salve flavor or the Strawberry flavor, if I find the other one too rosy. For those of you who use this product regularly, do you recommend the original one over the newly released flavors, or is there no difference in how effective it is?

I suffered from extreme dry lips for months due to extreme heat in Az , I tried everything till I desperately bought the Dior lipglow due to excellent reviews . Now I am a believer and as it cured my dry chapped lips. It has a nice subtle color too. Now I am on my 2nd one. I finished the last one up to the end .

I have used the Kiehl's Baby Lip Balm, and it is very moisturizing because it contains shea butter. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 is good if you like a petroleum jelly based lip balm. I like to use it in the winter to protect against wind and the cold weather. If my lips are truly dry, then the Baby Lip Balm is better for me. Kiehl's also makes a Eucalyptus Lip Balm which uses essential oils. It is amazing if you have chapped lips. La Mer makes a great lip balm too.

I hope this helps!
Violet Bleu

My mom ended up picking up two tubes of the Rosebud Salve balm for me. One is the original flavor and the other is the strawberry. I would have been ok with just the original, but she really liked the strawberry scent. She's letting me sample both at the moment, but I think that the strawberry one will eventually end up going to her. Compared to the Aveda balm, which I got last week, this one is stickier and heavier. It's a great product; however, I think that I'm going to use it in the evenings and when I'm at home. I don't see myself putting lipstick on top of this. It would be too heavy. It's a great product, though. Very moisturizing and it actually absorbs nicely and truly moisturizes (unlike some balms that just sit there until the next meal or drink). Next on my list is the L'Occitane Shea Butter Balm and one of the Kiehl's ones. If these ones don't end up truly satisfying me, I might also try out the Nuxe Miel de Reve as well as one of the lip butters from the Body Shop.

With regards to the La Mer balm, is the product really worth that hefty price tag? It costs around $80 around here.

Last edited:
My mom ended up picking up two tubes of the Rosebud Salve balm for me. One is the original flavor and the other is the strawberry. I would have been ok with just the original, but she really liked the strawberry scent. She's letting me sample both at the moment, but I think that the strawberry one will eventually end up going to her. Compared to the Aveda balm, which I got last week, this one is stickier and heavier. It's a great product; however, I think that I'm going to use it in the evenings and when I'm at home. I don't see myself putting lipstick on top of this. It would be too heavy. It's a great product, though. Very moisturizing and it actually absorbs nicely and truly moisturizes (unlike some balms that just sit there until the next meal or drink). Next on my list is the L'Occitane Shea Butter Balm and one of the Kiehl's ones. If these ones don't end up truly satisfying me, I might also try out the Nuxe Miel de Reve as well as one of the lip butters from the Body Shop.

With regards to the La Mer balm, is the product really worth that hefty price tag? It costs around $80 around here.

I'm glad to hear the Rosebud Salve works for you! I was recommended it because it worked well for others but it didn't really do much for my on my super dry days (aka, all of this past winter). :shrugs: I use the Nuxe Miel de Reve at night and it works great if I apply before bed but that one also doesn't do diddly squat for me in the daytime. I'm convinced I'm cursed! Ha-ha.

Anthropologie also usually has it in tube form.

The Rosebud salve is my #1 lip balm. It works the best for me out of anything I've tried. I prefer the original fragrance, although honestly they're all just fine.

Honestly, I love the La Mer lip balm. It's worth it if you can drop that much cash on a lip balm. But there are other great lip balms out there for a much better price!