links of london question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone,
    I am interested in purchasing a links of London sweetie bracelet and I would love if some of you can enlighten me about these bracelets. Can you open them up and add charms or do you have to purchase a split ring? How do they run size wise? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. #2 Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
    I think they come in difference sizes and you can add charms onto them with rings that they provide for you when you purchase charms from them. It is easy to put the charms on yourself. They can also do it for you. Mine is the small one. I usually fit 7.5 inch bangles. The bracelet stretches quite a bit and it is easy to slip it onto the wrist. One more thing, they also do free polishing and cleaning for you.

3. Thanks for taking the time to answer. I just can't decide whether it is something I am going to keep loving or will fall out of love shortly after I buy ( that happens waaay to much!). I appreciate your input.
    Diane

4. You are welcome!

5. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461612476.002021.jpg this is mine. I used to wear it a lot, but as I've added more charms I've worn it less as it's quite heavy/chunky. I love that each of the charms has a meaning for me though, the bracelet & most of the charms were gifts.

Mine is quite old, it came with some split rings already on it & I *think* extra spilt rings were 50p each. Mine did stretch, but I took it back to the store and they cleaned and re-strung (?re-stringed?) it. They did charge, but I can't remember how much. I wear a Pandora 17cm and have the sweeties bracelet in a Small.

6. I have a sweetie bracelet in size medium.. I wear anywhere between the 6-6.5 inch in Tiffany bead bracelets for comparison.

When you first purchase the bracelet, the store will help you string it.. the bracelet sizes come in S/M/L but they will add/remove the "links/rings" if necessary. I believe the bracelets come with 5 split rings and if you need more, they can be added.

The charms can get quite heavy, I have two on my bracelet but would have been happy with just one; its a perfect bracelet for stacking!

The store offers complimentary cleaning and restringing, which they recommend to be done once a year or once it stretches out a bit.. I wear mine maybe once a week and have had it for two years without restringing, it has stretched a little but I prefer it that way when stacked with other bracelets.