Links Of London - need help :(

greenstars

Jul 18, 2009
Hello everyone,

i'm sorry to have to do this but english is not my first language and i don't understand something...:shame:

i would like to buy a sweetie bracelet from Links of London, i'm looking for the yellow gold one.
They say it's "rolled gold bracelet (hallmarked silver)" and THIS is what i don't get !! what does this mean ? is it gold only ? or gold over silver ? in this case, i don't think it's worth that much money :shocked:
What do you think ? can you please explain to me how this bracelet is made, i would be very grateful !

Here is the link for the bracelet
http://www.linksoflondon.com/online-shop/women/bracelets/272-sweetie-bracelet

thanks for your help !

here is what's written in the specifications :
"Material: 18ct Rolled Gold over Hallmarked Sterling Silver"

i also assume it's gold plating but 990 british pounds for silver with a thin layer of gold would be waaaay too expensive !!:weird:

thanks alliemia... i don't think it's worth that much money then, just my opinion :/
more than 1500$ for a bracelet made mostly with silver, this is crazy ! i don't understand because in general, Links of London prices are fine ! well...

Its silver but then rolled in 18ct yg gold, personally I think its a very high price to pay for something that will probably wear off, its a shame they dont make it in solid gold as I would be tempted, I own 3 silver sweetie bracelets but would love a yg one.

thanks for your help !

here is what's written in the specifications :
"Material: 18ct Rolled Gold over Hallmarked Sterling Silver"

i also assume it's gold plating but 990 british pounds for silver with a thin layer of gold would be waaaay too expensive !!:weird:

Yeah not surprised, the sweetie line is very expensive. I am glad it's not something that I was ever keen on. Try to go to an outlet, you can get LoL discounted :smile: ...very satisfying.

Yup, I emailed & asked LoL what their 'golds' were (since there are various versions of gold plating on their site) & it's all vermeil - which is sterling silver with gold plating (except for watches with is over stainless steel). I agree, it's too $$ for what it is.

I think they can re-dip the bracelets for you if the gold wears off, but I agree the price of the gold dipped one is too high. I have a silver sweetie and I like it a lot.

you should try again my link, it still works
if you still can't, click on "women" then "bracelets" and then in the menu "material" you choose "18ct gold" and you will see the bracelet i'm talking about, it's not the vermeil one.