Link gets broken

allanrvj

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Hi moderators.

When I try to paste a link on the Authenticate this Bottega Veneta, this forum shortens the link that it's breaking it.
Here's the link to my post:

Because the forum shortens the link, the real url is reduced to having ellipsis as well, thus making the url invalid. For reference, it should go here:

EDIT: I figured it out. When links are posted on that thread, it doesn't enclose it in a "URL unfurl=true" tag. It just shortens both the displayed URL and the real URL of the link by substituting the middle parts with ellipsis.

EDIT 2: The preview is generated by the unfurl tag, but the link is broken. So I still have the issue. :sad: It doesn't preserve the URL like this thread does it.

Last edited:
I was wrong. This thread also breaks the URL.

When I hover on the Cabat tote link, the URL generated is the broken one (lower left of the pic below):
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 17.34.32.png

So when I click it at that moment, it goes to the homepage of VC because it's not a correct URL. But then if I hover my cursor on the link, and wait 2 seconds before clicking, the URL resolves to the correct one (lower left of this pic):
Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 17.35.10.png

I should mention that the link resolution happens on Brave Browser.
On Safari, the link stays broken even after waiting for 2 seconds after hovering on the link.