Linjer bags

sark

Jun 18, 2008
So I figured I should start a new thread devoted to startup designer Linjer. You can see their full collection at linjer.co and their current kickstarter collection at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/linjerco/minimalist-leather-bags-without-the-luxury-markup
I was turned too them by a fellow tpfer and promptly got in on an earlybird deal for their soft vegetable tanned tote.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1440029286.722919.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1440029304.105726.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1440029314.839701.jpg
The premise seems intriguing and I love the minimalist chic design. Hopefully it will live up to the hype. The price certainly can't be beat. [emoji6] It seems like their first collection also started through kickstarter but was more of a men's line. This one is definitely geared toward both women and men. Anyway, would love more thoughts, posts, etc from other Linjer-curious folks. And I have no personal connection to the brand, just to be clear. I've been mostly obsessed with Mansur Gavriel recently and have just wanted to diversify a bit. [emoji5]️

Last edited:
I just ordered their soft briefcase in black for my husband. Really excited to see how it will look in person! (Free shipping but not sure how long it will take.) Will post pics when it arrives!

So I figured I should start a new thread devoted to startup designer Linjer. You can see their full collection at linjer.co and their current kickstarter collection at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/linjerco/minimalist-leather-bags-without-the-luxury-markup
I was turned too them by a fellow tpfer and promptly got in on an earlybird deal for their soft vegetable tanned tote.
View attachment 3103182View attachment 3103183View attachment 3103184
The premise seems intriguing and I love the minimalist chic design. Hopefully it will live up to the hype. The price certainly can't be beat. [emoji6] It seems like their first collection also started through kickstarter but was more of a men's line. This one is definitely geared toward both women and men. Anyway, would love more thoughts, posts, etc from other Linjer-curious folks. And I have no personal connection to the brand, just to be clear. I've been mostly obsessed with Mansur Gavriel recently and have just wanted to diversify a bit. [emoji5]️

Sark, thank you so much for taking the lead on this!. Aside from my brief forays into the Mansur Gavriel forum, I have been exclusively a Balenciaga dweller here, so I didn't realize this space existed.

I am super excited about Linjer. Learned about it from my husband, who was on the hunt for a nice, reasonably priced and "not brand splashy" business brief. I learned about it a few days before the kickstarter campaign began and was able to snag a soft tote in Chestnut at the early bird rate (picture below!) I really wish I could do the combo with the holdall (which I think it absolutely gorrrrrgeous) + soft tote, alas the school year is starting and my discretionary funds are necessarily being funneled in that direction.... I figured if the soft tote is as good as it looks, I could pretty easily justify the expenditure!

I believe the Kickstarter products are slated to arrive in January of '16, which seems like forever, but the anticipation is actually kind of fun. :smile:

I totally love that Linjer is funding their project through the community, which I really hope will keep them accountable to their customers and conscientious about their products. In watching their interactions with their backers on Kickstarter they (Roman and Jenn, husband and wife parters/founders), seem extremely responsive and like their priorities are in the right spot. I mean really, who gets to talk DIRECTLY with the creators of their handbags? Shoot, I haven't exactly gotten any personal feedback from Alexander Wang about my Balenciaga bags lately! LOL.

Would LOVE to hear from anyone who already owns something from their first campaign... although I'm not even sure there were women's bags in that release (?), so we may be in for a bit of a wait, chatting and anticipating among ourselves.

I hope more people jump on this so we can get some good discussion going, and also get bragging rights for being the early adopters! :tup: My bag is below!

Attachments

• chestnut.PNG
    chestnut.PNG
    294.3 KB · Views: 7,516
Just received my Linjer soft briefcase! It came in a nice box with a sweet handwritten note. The bag is beautiful, really lovely leather and very well made. It's also quite light and comes with a padded long leather strap. I was worried it would be too narrow inside but it's actually quite roomy inside. My husband is super pleased with it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 6,985
Eep! I had seen this in my twitter timeline a while back, bookmarked it to check out later, but then totally forgot about it - thanks for the reminder!

I'm in for the Doctor's Bag - just hope the frame doesn't make it too heavy…

Just received my Linjer soft briefcase! It came in a nice box with a sweet handwritten note. The bag is beautiful, really lovely leather and very well made. It's also quite light and comes with a padded long leather strap. I was worried it would be too narrow inside but it's actually quite roomy inside. My husband is super pleased with it!

This looks beautiful!

It looks really nice- love the packaging and handwritten note too!

Eep! I had seen this in my twitter timeline a while back, bookmarked it to check out later, but then totally forgot about it - thanks for the reminder!

I'm in for the Doctor's Bag - just hope the frame doesn't make it too heavy…

I'm sure it will be comfy - that definitely seems like part of the brand's goal - style + function. And I think I just saw that they reached a stretch goal so this will now be available in navy too [emoji170][emoji4]

Wow, that's gorgeous! What's the interior like?

Wow, that's gorgeous! What's the interior like?

Here's a pic of the interior. The base is quite narrow but the bag itself is soft so it does open up easily. (Docs and files would be fine but I am a bit worried that something bulkier like a lunch box may make the bag misshapen.) The bag is nicely padded and there is a notebook sleeve on one side which is convenient.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 6,917
Here's a pic of the interior. The base is quite narrow but the bag itself is soft so it does open up easily. (Docs and files would be fine but I am a bit worried that something bulkier like a lunch box may make the bag misshapen.) The bag is nicely padded and there is a notebook sleeve on one side which is convenient.

Thank you for posting!

Looks perfect for streamlined use and the detail and quality look amazing.

I'm sure it will be comfy - that definitely seems like part of the brand's goal - style + function. And I think I just saw that they reached a stretch goal so this will now be available in navy too [emoji170][emoji4]

I think you're right ;) …and great news because that navy is gorgeous!