Lining up for the I'm Not a Plastic Bag?

I've been in a study bubble for a while... what is the deal with this bag? I haven't heard anything about it. It doesn't look well-made, so why does everyone want it? Are the proceeds from the sale of the bags donated? Please enlighten me!

I had signed up on the Website to buy a bag when they became available, and then got an email that due to the overwhelming response, the people whose emails they had would be put in a lottery and drawn at random to see if they would be eligible to purchase a bag. I just got an email saying that I was not chosen. I'd like to have had one as a tote for magazines and such, but this is really getting ridiculous.

I had signed up on the Website to buy a bag when they became available, and then got an email that due to the overwhelming response, the people whose emails they had would be put in a lottery and drawn at random to see if they would be eligible to purchase a bag. I just got an email saying that I was not chosen. I'd like to have had one as a tote for magazines and such, but this is really getting ridiculous.
I got the same e-mail I got a 25% discount I want the bag more than a discount I was so bummed when I saw I wasn't chosen to buy the bag. Then again I shouldn't be surprised I never win anything!:tdown:

I want one so bad!!! I called in but they couldn't take phone orders I called the 2 stores in NY and 1 in NJ and 1 in LA or there any more left?:confused1:

All I know is that the Anya store in BH on Robertson had 1000 bags this morning-not sure what they have left now.
When stepdaughter was there-she said there had to have been about 200 people in line. Maybe give them a call-they might have something.

i know the store in soho said they'd received 800 bags, and i was about the 200th-ish person at noon-ish (they opened at 11) so i'm assuming they would have any left

I've been in a study bubble for a while... what is the deal with this bag? I haven't heard anything about it. It doesn't look well-made, so why does everyone want it? Are the proceeds from the sale of the bags donated? Please enlighten me!

I think some famous people have been shown carrying the bag. On top of that, quantities are limited and people know this, which creates a frenzy. There was a thread on here with an article called "I am not an ethical bag" if you want to search the forum. I don't really get the big to do over this bag, but I guess some people are really into it. Some want one for themselves, others want to resell them on ebay.

^I thought they weren't coming out at Whole Foods until July 18th?

Anyway-update-there is a rumor that Anya herself is going to be at the store opening at 10 am.

you're right. i got my dates confused. if that's the case then i might still try to get it, but i wouldn't go out of my way to. i already have two cute canvas bags that i bought from the marc by marc jacobs store that i have been using to carry my groceries home. the anya one seems more sturdy though.

All I know is that the Anya store in BH on Robertson had 1000 bags this morning-not sure what they have left now.
When stepdaughter was there-she said there had to have been about 200 people in line. Maybe give them a call-they might have something.

I am going to call even though they said they don't do phone orders maybe if I am persistent they'll reconsider. I wish I lived close to an Anya store!!!:crybaby: Do you have their number? Thanks Nishi621!!

Here are the pictures from my stepdaughter-these were all taken this morning at the Anya store in BH-the little girls are my granddaughters-pictures used with parents permission:

anya2.jpg

anya4.jpg