Lining of croc Birkin bags

Ladies, thanks for your response!

Grandfonds, thanks for calling your SA to check!

Aspen, the photo of the bag that I posted is an "F", so 2001 which is not too old I think.

I guess it would make it lighter, but I would probably lean toward chevre...

Wait, when did you get a croc Birkin? How in the world did I miss that announcmenet?? Any additional pictures? Where where? :nuts::nuts::nuts:

yep - I just called SA - chevre, but a funny name chevre - not mysore or coromandel....didn't quite catch the name.....24 will prob know, or HG (or Aspen!).

By the way, she asked me if I was shopping for a crocodile now...LOL....not yet, I told her!!
The chevre they use for the lining is chevre marocain (Moroccan), but croc bags can be lined in canvas.

Matte croc was lined with canvas until recently. Now H uses chevre for matt croc lining. The canvas makes the bag light as a feather, but it is history unless you find an older bag.
I think the older canvas lining (toile) is silk and linen, seems like I was told that, but not certain.

I concur (doesn't that sound snooty)! There are older authentic croc bags w/ the textile lining and yup, the chevre lining is indeed Chevre Marocain (Moroccan in French). I would choose chevre lining, hands down!

I have a couple of matte croc birkins lined in linen/silk combination. Bought them about 4-5 years ago. They are wonderfully light. Have a porosus kelly purchased around the same time and it is lined with chevre. The latter does make the bag stiffer.

For birkins I do like them matte vs. glazed. Just a personal preference. I dress casually and feel more comfortable carrying the matte croc with my khakis and denims. The porosus feels more formal and I always feel that I have dress up a little bit when I carry that. (LOL!)

I recently put in my order for another matte croc. We'll see if the craftsman will ok it in matte or maybe I'll get it glazed...

Wait, when did you get a croc Birkin? How in the world did I miss that announcmenet?? Any additional pictures? Where where? :nuts::nuts::nuts:

No, no, I haven't purchased a croc Birkin (yet!). Actually I am coveting a chevre, rouge VIF Birkin that is being offered by a seller who is also selling the Birkin of which I have posted a photo.

Somewhat off the topic, I have a credit for a Birkin since I made a bet with my DH that I would lose a certain amount of weight. Guess who won!:yes: I will do anything for a Hermes, even giving up all sweets. Although 24, Faubourg's gorgeous photos of those delicious looking macaroons are not helping any!!!!!

^^ tokyogirl..... WOW :nuts: congratulations on the weight loss!! and on the upcoming birkin.. so will it be rouge vif??? when???? couldn't u snap photos while taking photo of that lining??:graucho:

^^ tokyogirl..... WOW :nuts: congratulations on the weight loss!! and on the upcoming birkin.. so will it be rouge vif??? when???? couldn't u snap photos while taking photo of that lining??:graucho:

Thanks, pinkish_love! :yes: Here is the rouge VIF HAC that I have been coveting for awhile:heart: :heart: (and which my DH may be purchasing in the very near future). OK, I lied it's not Birkin, but a HAC. :rolleyes:

Since my bet with my DH didn't specify price range or the type of leather, I am also trying to find even a gently used croc Birkin for which I would apply my credit!

DSC0078411.jpg
DSC007851.jpg

Gorgeous HAC TG! Go get it girl!
Congratulations on your weight loss!

I wonder if could persuade Rhoda to get a Birkin for me if I lost weight. Do you think they would accept doggie currency (bones, pig's ears) at Hermes??