Lining of croc Birkin bags

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
Asia & U.S.
Ladies, thanks for your response!

Grandfonds, thanks for calling your SA to check!

Aspen, the photo of the bag that I posted is an "F", so 2001 which is not too old I think.

I guess it would make it lighter, but I would probably lean toward chevre...
Wait, when did you get a croc Birkin? How in the world did I miss that announcmenet?? Any additional pictures? Where where? :nuts::nuts::nuts:

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
Tell her I AM~~ :graucho:
LOL - Kou, she's been trying to sell me the orange 30 11 carats/diamond hardware for a while! I don't want the bling!!
Actually, I don't want a croc Birkin, I like croc in a Kelly......I'm seeing her on Sat, Kou, I'll let her know! Better we have TWO SA's working for us if we can!!:yes:

hermesgroupie

Orange crush
Feb 12, 2006
Le Monde Hermes
yep - I just called SA - chevre, but a funny name chevre - not mysore or coromandel....didn't quite catch the name.....24 will prob know, or HG (or Aspen!).

By the way, she asked me if I was shopping for a crocodile now...LOL....not yet, I told her!!
The chevre they use for the lining is chevre marocain (Moroccan), but croc bags can be lined in canvas.

golconda

O.G.
Sep 14, 2006
Matte croc was lined with canvas until recently. Now H uses chevre for matt croc lining. The canvas makes the bag light as a feather, but it is history unless you find an older bag.
I think the older canvas lining (toile) is silk and linen, seems like I was told that, but not certain.

Apr 18, 2006
I concur (doesn't that sound snooty)! There are older authentic croc bags w/ the textile lining and yup, the chevre lining is indeed Chevre Marocain (Moroccan in French). I would choose chevre lining, hands down!

all about bags

Supreme bag lover!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2006
Always in an Hermes State of Mind
I have a couple of matte croc birkins lined in linen/silk combination. Bought them about 4-5 years ago. They are wonderfully light. Have a porosus kelly purchased around the same time and it is lined with chevre. The latter does make the bag stiffer.

For birkins I do like them matte vs. glazed. Just a personal preference. I dress casually and feel more comfortable carrying the matte croc with my khakis and denims. The porosus feels more formal and I always feel that I have dress up a little bit when I carry that. (LOL!)

I recently put in my order for another matte croc. We'll see if the craftsman will ok it in matte or maybe I'll get it glazed...

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
Wait, when did you get a croc Birkin? How in the world did I miss that announcmenet?? Any additional pictures? Where where? :nuts::nuts::nuts:
No, no, I haven't purchased a croc Birkin (yet!). Actually I am coveting a chevre, rouge VIF Birkin that is being offered by a seller who is also selling the Birkin of which I have posted a photo.

Somewhat off the topic, I have a credit for a Birkin since I made a bet with my DH that I would lose a certain amount of weight. Guess who won!:yes: I will do anything for a Hermes, even giving up all sweets. Although 24, Faubourg's gorgeous photos of those delicious looking macaroons are not helping any!!!!!

pinkish_love

Birkins Hunter
Jun 29, 2006
^^ tokyogirl..... WOW :nuts: congratulations on the weight loss!! and on the upcoming birkin.. so will it be rouge vif??? when???? couldn't u snap photos while taking photo of that lining??:graucho:

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
^^ tokyogirl..... WOW :nuts: congratulations on the weight loss!! and on the upcoming birkin.. so will it be rouge vif??? when???? couldn't u snap photos while taking photo of that lining??:graucho:
Thanks, pinkish_love! :yes: Here is the rouge VIF HAC that I have been coveting for awhile:heart: :heart: (and which my DH may be purchasing in the very near future). OK, I lied it's not Birkin, but a HAC. :rolleyes:

Since my bet with my DH didn't specify price range or the type of leather, I am also trying to find even a gently used croc Birkin for which I would apply my credit!

pinkish_love

Birkins Hunter
Jun 29, 2006
tokyogirl.. OMG :drool::drool::drool:I LOVE IT!!! Its absolutely gorgeous!!! Chevre in rouge vif TDF!!!:yahoo:

Congratulation in advance!!! Cant wait for you to take it home and model it for us :yes:

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
tokyogirl.. OMG :drool::drool::drool:I LOVE IT!!! Its absolutely gorgeous!!! Chevre in rouge vif TDF!!!:yahoo:

Congratulation in advance!!! Cant wait for you to take it home and model it for us :yes:
Thanks, pinkish_love! I can only aspire to have your gorgeous collection!!

pinkish_love

Birkins Hunter
Jun 29, 2006
tokyogirl.. Thank you dear... although if i ever came across with a chevre birkin i would snap it in a second!! I love the leather more than togo/clement!

hello2703

Show Me The Orange!
O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
Europe. Central.
Gorgeous HAC TG! Go get it girl!
Congratulations on your weight loss!

I wonder if could persuade Rhoda to get a Birkin for me if I lost weight. Do you think they would accept doggie currency (bones, pig's ears) at Hermes??