Linea Pelle Quality?

lindzstu

O.G.
Dec 23, 2007
I know LP is popular on this forum. I will start by saying doing a search for LP is what brought me to this forum, although I never bought one. I saw a pic of one and did a search, I liked the way it looked.
I have still never seen one in person.

Here is my question...
At TJMaxx I have seen numerous LP belts lately and got exicted at first, but they are not nice at all. The look very, very cheaply made and the leather is not nice. They sell for $7.99. Over the past few months I have seen alot of them. I almost ordered two belts and a purse from LP in December but they sold out too fast. I am glad i didn't. Honsetly the were the poorest quality on the rack.

LP seems to be popular and they look so nice. I am not saying anything bad about the brand at all. I am just wondering if anyone has noticed the same thing.
They sell on the website for close to $200!

I'll let you know when I get my belts next week. They are having a closeout sale right now...So if you are interested in the brand then now maybe a good time to purchase something at a lot less. Also check out the thread with all of the ladies who purchased at the sample sale. They posted pics and of out posts during the closeout sale. Its worth looking it up. And you may get more responses within those post. As people are always updating their LP pics.

I have seen lots of pics and they look nice. I came very close to buying one. After seeing those belts, no way! At least not until I see them IRL. I am wondering if anyone has noticed the same thing.
Also, I am confused by the price. TJMaxx has great deals alot of the time; but, $7.99 (not on clearance) LP site sells belts at regular price for $150's to $300!

Their website is the worst. I was trying to order something, but I can't delete my previous choice for the life of me. I tried calling them, but they said they were having trouble with that, and basically they didn't know what to tell me. I gave up. I don't want to charge more and then be in the position to have to collect it back or end up with more than I want.

Indeed - I honestly believe that the belts you find at discounters like a TJ and Marshalls is of different quality than what is shown on the website. First, the hangtags are different and there is a big difference in the quality of the leather and hardware. My first LP belt came from Anthropologie and it was ok/nice, but not nearly as nice as those that I have ordered from their website.

As for the bags - I think it really depends on style/leather used for said bag.

Good luck.....

I don't own any LP belts but have a couple of bags from the last LP SS. I love the bags, and I think the quality is great for their price. I have used the bags without spray protectors and they have held well to rain.